Cádiz Assistance

lhsail

we used Carlos for  taxi tour of white villages and he arranged for a tour guide colleague to meet us at Arcos

highly recommended

he is a keen photographer and will take photos of you during the trip and send to you afterwards

www.toursfromcadiz.com

email carlos@toursfromcadiz.com

tell him Lyn and Ian recommended him

Edited by fabnfortysomething

4 hours ago, cruisingmimi said:

Here you go!  Some people are taking this one when we dock Cadiz:

https://www.spaindaytours.com/spain-shore-excursions/cadiz-shore-excursions/cadiz-to-seville-shore-excursion/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwiILsBRCGARIsAHKQWLPVc9_QNCrKKezFwYIASIIlZrETE6whybBlI_yGaz_pBsHUDe7p6VgaAizvEALw_wcB

Half day Cadiz, Jerez, and Arcos de la Frontera (Spain Day Tours)

Explore the ancient towns of Cadiz, Jerez, and the white village of Arcos de la Frontera.  Travel through beautiful Andalusian countryside and see the historic highlights of Jerez including the city’s castle and cathedral. In Cadiz, one of the oldest cities in Europe, take a guided walking tour through the city center. This small-group excursion is great for those visitors that have been to Seville before. 

Description says walking tour if you are looking for a non-walking tour this might not work.

I will check into this. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, fabnfortysomething said:

we used Carlos for  taxi tour of white villages and he arranged for a tour guide colleague to meet us at Arcos

highly recommended

he is a keen photographer and will take photos of you during the trip and send to you afterwards

www.toursfromcadiz.com

Thank you. I’ll check it out. 

33 minutes ago, lhsail said:

"we used Carlos for  taxi tour of white villages and he arranged for a tour guide colleague to meet us at Arcos"

I contacted Carlos upon recommendations I found on Trip Advisor.  I had a lovely email from Carlos about different places he could drive you. He loved visiting Ronda and also the white villages but he did emphasize that he was not a tour guide and if someone wanted more information about a sight to visit he would have to research it on the internet.  Not saying he would not do a fantastic job but if you are looking for a tour guide then he would not be able to take you into places for tours, etc.  As noted above, he arranged for a tour guide to meet the party at Arcos.  He has a small vehicle that can only take 4 people so if you have a larger group his vehicle would not accommodate you.  I don't know if he can get access to larger vehicles but he didn't indicate this.  I think that the places he takes you to see only handles smaller vehicles due to narrow roads, etc.  If you feel comfortable with just having a taxi driver then you won't have a problem.  I'm sure it would be a great day.  

17 hours ago, fabnfortysomething said:

highly recommended

www.toursfromcadiz.com

Hi Lyn,

can an you give us a better idea of the tour you took with Carlos - where you went and what you saw.  I might decide to use him just for taxi tour if he took us to same places you went.  We are probably not going to attempt Seville from Cadiz due to distance and walking etc.  Thank you!!  

What did tour guide show you?  Do you remember the costs involved?

Mary

1 hour ago, cruisingmimi said:

Hi Lyn,

can an you give us a better idea of the tour you took with Carlos - where you went and what you saw.  I might decide to use him just for taxi tour if he took us to same places you went.  We are probably not going to attempt Seville from Cadiz due to distance and walking etc.  Thank you!!  

What did tour guide show you?  Do you remember the costs involved?

Mary

Below is description of the full day taken from my cruise notes.I'm afraid I cant remember cost as my rucksack was stolen with notebook on final day   

We found our guide Carlos from Tours from Cadiz waiting for us outside ship .I have to say this is probably the best private tour guide we have used.

Carlos had a 5 seater saloon car and expressed concern whether we had enough room for 4 of us and could change to a larger vehicle but reason for smaller car would be our first call-narrow streets

-cozy but we not that heavy so said we were fine

Drive from Cadiz to hilltop village of Arcos de la Frontera

And the reason for the smaller car=really narrow streets and local cars apparent by their scrapes on body work!

Entertainment watching a delivery van trying to scrape through an archway only an inch wider then van and that was with side mirrors retracted!

Carlos had arranged a guide for us at no extra cost-Sonia who met us at the viewpoint overlooking the plateau below and gave us interesting history of the town

Carlos included in his tour a “photographic package” where he would take photos of us to be emailed later

As we were on viewing platform a group of people wearing NCL shore excursion stickers arrived so we realised was time to move on

Carlos brought us to his favourite café in centre next to convent and apparently where he brings all his guests/taximates

Included in price bread/coffee water and chance to chat

Until  the previous NCL  tour group turned up and the tour guide in strident voice amplified by microphone gives talk on history on convent

As they passed on we breathed a sigh of relief and Carlos and Sonia quietly repeated the relevant info whilst continuing to chat

We were then guided around the narrow streets with Carlos and Sonia 

Sorry to say goodbye to Sonia as it was time to get back in taxi and our next stop the equestrian training school in Jerez de la Frontera.It was a bit surreal seeing this large park area in middle of busy city and the horse training   stables.

Carlos stayed with taxi and met us back once we had a look around and watched the horses being trained.

We were then driven to a local tapas bar as our timed entrance for Sherry factory wasn’t for almost an hour.

It was a bit early for regular eating-obviously locals don’t east lunch as early as 12.45!

However Carlos had a word with owner and suggested a few tapas dishes and we also had a local beer .Cant remember cost but it was very reasonable .We took opportunity    to just chat more.

At the Sherry factory a “jobsworth” security guard was being awkward about letting Carlos park in front and as there was an admission fee anyway we decided to pass on this part and Carlos took us back to Cadiz where he could drive us round and show us his favourite parts.

Dropping back off at ship he took a a final polaroid photo of us with his details on back and promised to email us the other photos he had taken during the day

He was as good as his word and 6 arranged to send back those he had taken

This is one guide we would not hesitate to recommend and would be worth a repeat visit to Cadiz just to meet him for a coffee as he suggested!