Luggage storage between cruises

topkatz

We are considering doing the TA cruise on SD2 in 2020. It leaves from San Juan on 7 April. We would like to do a back to back in the week preceding but embarkation is in Marigot on 28 March and ends on 3 April in St Thomas. That leaves 3 days between cruises. Guessing there is a 3 day private charter booked during that time, could be a Travel Agent cruise.

Anyway, what to do with our luggage? Can we leave the big pieces (probably two) onboard? We are ok spending the three days ashore and can arrange for transport from St Thomas to San Juan. Just don't want to schlep our bags around for the 3 days we are ashore.

Any idea if we can store them onboard between cruises or are we out of luck.

Thanks in advance.

topkatz

An interesting question.  I know that there is some storage space for luggage because we usually have to store one or two empties during the cruise, especially on SD2 because the underbed storage opens only on one side.  Whether they will have room during those three days, though, may not be predictable this far out.  It all depends upon what space they will need during the charter.  I would write to Miami and ask.  I suspect they will either say "no" or "maybe, if there is room."  I would guess, though, that you might be SOL, which stands for "schlepping our luggage."  Best case scenario, though, is you book the same stateroom for both cruises, and they aren't using it for the charter.  You may not even have to pack up.  Wouldn't that be something?

We cruised 3 weeks apart last winter. We asked if we could leave a small luggage behind with shoes and toiletries -- in typical SeaDream fashion, they obliged. I would definitely ask, my guess is that it depends on how much luggage and how crowded the charter is. 

When SD had to go into drydock in Lisbon in May, we were the only ones coming back for the follow on cruise.  They very kindly allowed us to leave most of our stuff (we only took what we would need for the 4 days) “as is” in the cabin.  It was a huge help!  For you, I suspect it depends on how full the charter is and whether or not you have to change cabins.  Certainly worth asking the question!

vandrefalk