Isla Verde Vs Condado?

elaineb

We are cruising on July 4th and have had no luck with Priceline (up to $95), so I've booked a couple of suites at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Isla Verde. Has anyone been to this hotel and how was it? Also, how is Isla Verde compared to Condado? Does it have restaurants and shops so we don't have to eat at the hotel restaurants, or is Condado a better choice for that? What is the beach like on Isla Verde compared to Condado? Would appreciate any comments on this. I'm just booking blindly and hoping for the best! Thanks.

Nordic Empress 3/01

Carnival Triumph 4/02

Fascination 8/03

Adventure of the Seas 7/04

There are restuarants and some 'shops' depending on what you're looking for. Lupi's is a good restuarant, expect lines getting in. Across the street is a cockfighting arena, and the rumor is that the loser is the main dish in the restuarant next door icon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gif. Not sure where the hampton Inn is but some hotels are close to the airport, and the noise can be a bit more than you'd expect. The beaches are OK. We stayed at the Intercontinental ( priceline, $130, and on the street side... not the best rooms, but spacious)

Up Next... A Date with Destiny 04/11/04

To Sea, or not, to See.

Starward 81, Volendam 83, Oceanic 87, Majestic 93, Victory 2/10/02, Imagination 5/23/02, 1/30/03, Conquest 12/28/03

Conquest New Years Cruise

http://community.webshots.com/user/crisp1028

Thank you for your response. Now I'm a little worried.... But I'm still going to keep trying Priceline. Did you get the Intercontinental by asking for the Resort Catagory???

Nordic Empress 3/01

Carnival Triumph 4/02

Fascination 8/03

Adventure of the Seas 7/04

Elaineb, Yes, Easter week, along with the Mets in town, it was hard. Betterbidding.com was very helpful in getting/ making my bids/ choices ( real answers icon_biggrin.gif)

To Sea, or not, to See.

Starward 81, Volendam 83, Oceanic 87, Majestic 93, Victory 2/10/02, Imagination 5/23/02, 1/30/03, Conquest 12/28/03, Destiny 04/11/04

Conquest New Years Cruise

http://community.webshots.com/user/crisp1028

We stayed in the Hampton Inn at Isla Verde in June of'03. It was clean, comfortable and within walking distance of several good restaurants. While we did have to take a cab to the port I think the money saved vs staying closer to the port was well worth it.

Windjammer Fantome May 1988 ?

Elation Sept 2001

Voyager of the Seas May 2002

Celebration July 2002

Jubilee Sept 2002

Destiny June 2003

Jubilee Sept 2003

Archived