Breakaway "Large Balcony Cabins - B6 Category?"

dongordon

What is the difference between a regular balcony cabin and "Large Balcony B6 Category Cabin?"

Is there any difference in theses cabins as far as location and deck? 

I am wondering why many of these cabins are already sold out on a cruise I am booking that is already more than a  year away.

What is the appeal?

I've always liked the aft facing cabins but the price is right for this category.

The appeal is the large balcony.

On the Breakaway, the standard balconies are tiny. As someone who likes to spend time on the balcony, I am reluctant to pay the extra for a standard balcony room over an oceanview, as the balcony itself is unusable for me. Therefore, the only options are aft, large balcony or mini suite with large balcony. Even the angled balconies on these ships are a bit on the small side.

The location is also good, being close to the 678 decks, although you may be quite a way forward which can be a problem if you suffer from seasickness.

Whenever I book the Breakaway or Getaway I look at the aft rooms, large balconies or mini suites with large balcony. I've always found the aft rooms to be a fair amount more expensive out of those options.

9 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

The appeal is the large balcony.

On the Breakaway, the standard balconies are tiny. As someone who likes to spend time on the balcony, I am reluctant to pay the extra for a standard balcony room over an oceanview, as the balcony itself is unusable for me. Therefore, the only options are aft, large balcony or mini suite with large balcony. Even the angled balconies on these ships are a bit on the small side.

The location is also good, being close to the 678 decks, although you may be quite a way forward which can be a problem if you suffer from seasickness.

Whenever I book the Breakaway or Getaway I look at the aft rooms, large balconies or mini suites with large balcony. I've always found the aft rooms to be a fair amount more expensive out of those options.

Thank you Keith....

I have heard of these angle cabins and there seems to be great appeal for them.....why?

What category is this and what decks can they be found on the Breakaway?

Don

Edited by dongordon

48 minutes ago, dongordon said:

Thank you Keith....

I have heard of these angle cabins and there seems to be great appeal for them.....why?

What category is this and what decks can they be found on the Breakaway?

Don

The side of the ship isn't straight, but juts out in a few places, where it juts out there are cabins with balconies that are deeper on one side that the other, making them bigger.

They are on most floors, and you can see them on the deck plans. For example, on the Breakaway, rooms 12180 and 12238 will both have angled balconies.

They aren't a specific category of their own, but are a bonus . This has the advantage of them costing the same amount as a standard room, but also means they tend to sell out early.

If you are going to book a balcony room on a newer NCL ship, and don't want to pay the extra for an aft or large balcony, then always check if there are any angled balconies available. You have nothing to lose.

Edited by KeithJenner