Britannia Suite Sockets

pr0t

Prepare for a deluge at the first mention of an extension. We were on Britannia in April and didn’t have any problems with sockets ( so I assume there were enough.). The one thing I did notice was that the shaver/ toothbrush socket in the bathroom was not the standard size. We were only on board for a week so the shaver charge was OK and  we took manual toothbrushes to save packing - usually we take electric which fits the bathroom socket but in this case it wouldn’t & we would have needed to use a 3pin with adapter in the cabin sockets. 

Edited by Ranchi

18 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

Oh, the photo above has just jogged my memory. One of the desk sockets is labelled ‘always on’....but then you wouldn’t leave anything charging when you had left the cabin, anyway. 

Why not? I often leave my laptop charging when we're not at home, whats the difference on a ship?

On 8/31/2019 at 8:37 PM, Ranchi said:

Prepare for a deluge at the first mention of an extension. We were on Britannia in April and didn’t have any problems with sockets ( so I assume there were enough.). The one thing I did notice was that the shaver/ toothbrush socket in the bathroom was not the standard size. We were only on board for a week so the shaver charge was OK and  we took manual toothbrushes to save packing - usually we take electric which fits the bathroom socket but in this case it wouldn’t & we would have needed to use a 3pin with adapter in the cabin sockets. 

You can get a shaver socket adapter from reception for a small refundable deposit.

24 minutes ago, CCFC said:

You can get a shaver socket adapter from reception for a small refundable deposit.

That may be the case but why have a British ship run by a British cruise company, built solely for its use, with shaver sockets that don't accept UK standard shaver plugs, it beggars belief.

Has anyone any idea about why the bathroom sockets on Britannia are not the usual sort (ie three hole but you only use two depending on the V rating(230 or 115) of your appliance). At first glance I thought Britannia’s bathroom socket would take my shaver plug but it doesn’t. Seems strange to specify that type of socket. Or are we all going to have to change to a new standard in the near future?