sleeping space for 32mo old

Cape Cruiser 2007

HI all! I know someone willhave a great answer for me!

My family will be Traveling Feb 2007 aboard Navigator- my sister & husband will have thier 32mo old son, what should they do for his sleeping? The pack N plays will be too small for him, and we are nervous about the pullmans, even though they supply railings-he likes to climb already!

Do they have cots that could be put against the wall? Should she bring a railing and just use the couch?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Does Navigator have pullmans? I thought the RCI cabins had the regular bed(s) plus a sofa bed/pullout. Nothing that would be too high for an almost 3 year old.

We went on the Carnival valor which has an upper bunk and the lower sofa that converts to a twin. We put the ladder up on the bed during the day to keep our 2 year old off it. She was able to climb up and down with no problem, but when our older one started jumping off, we had to say no to both of them climibing up before bedtime.

Our 2 year old slept on the bottom bunk without a bedrail and was perfectly fine. I think it was lower than a typical bed. One side is against the wall.

we have a toddler aerobed that we bring along with us... it's really comfy and holds something like 150lbs so the toddler part of the name is deceiving... the sides are a little raised so little ones can't roll out... plus if you stand it up against the bed in the cabin it doubles as a slide!!!

We went on Carnival MIracle 3 weeks ago. We had 5 in our cabin (oldest booked in grandma's room, but slept with us). We had two lower twins nad 2 upper pull downs. When there are 2 pulled down from ceiling, the twins can't be put together to make a king-quite a surprise, had never thought about it. So i slept with 35-month-old with me on edge, her next to wall, dh slept in other lower, 6 YO slept in top bunk nad 11 YO slept in other top bunk. Worked fine and did not involve packing rails, matresses, pack-n-play, etc (we already had enough stuff to bring).

The pullman bunks on RCI are stated for 3years and up.... They should check with RCI to see what kind of bed is supplied in their particular cabin. When booking a future cruise, we tried to get a particular cabin... but we were told that it was only available to families with a child 0-3 years old. ( we have a 7 year old).

The railing on the pullman is not what you would typically use for a toddler. It is about 5 inches high and goes from the head of the bed to the middle. It is really just enough to remind you that you are on a bunk. ( but if you do roll off the bed, you will fall onto the big bed below)

However, the head of the bed is completly open... no headboard or wall. My son had a problem with losing his pillows every night because he would move around and then push or reach for his pillows... down they fell...........

Archived