9/2/19 Liberty Cruise cancelled due to hurricane Dorian

txbluebon

Our cruise was cancelled and we have been informed we will receive a full refund for the cruise and any pre-purchased items. What I am wondering is will we maybe also receive a discount for a future cruise, too? Just curious if Carnival does that.

I think that cruise lines typically give a discount on future cruises along with the refund when somehow they are "at fault" for the cancellation.  I don't imagine any of the cruise lines affected by Hurricane Dorian will be giving a discount - they are already going to be out a lot of $$$.

I don't think many cruisers would need to have an incentive to book again.

On 9/1/2019 at 2:09 PM, txbluebon said:

Our cruise was cancelled and we have been informed we will receive a full refund for the cruise and any pre-purchased items. What I am wondering is will we maybe also receive a discount for a future cruise, too? Just curious if Carnival does that.

First of all, I'm sorry your cruise was canceled.  I hope you sail with Carnival in the future.

As far as your offer goes, let me tell you my story.

I was scheduled to sail on the Fascination out of San Juan in January '18.  Of course, in September '17, a little storm called Maria blew through Puerto Rico (including San Juan) and took out multiple sailings of the Fascination, including mine.  I got a full refund AND a 25% future cruise credit, and they canceled more than three months out.  The ones who were due to cruise in October got a 100% FCC.  I don't know why they're being less generous this time around.

Honolulu Blue Thank you for sharing your experience. Maria was horrid as is Dorian. We certainly will sail with Carnival again. I am researching dates and hoping to sail the end of this month or in October. We are fortunate to live in Florida not too far from most of the ports and able to cruise short notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on rescheduling our cruise - Upon receiving our full refund we were able to book the September 30 sailing out of Canaveral. Our new cruise was $144.00 more than the original. Still a good price. Now if that little disturbance of interest near the Cape Verde Islands will just go away......