Regal class spa facilities?

RMS Olympic

Grand class ships have separate facilities for men and women. Can anyone tell me the set up on the Royal / Regal classships? I see there are changing areas , do these areas have lockers, showers or saunas? The overall deck plans provide little in the way of specifics,

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

4 minutes ago, RMS Olympic said:

Grand class ships have separate facilities for men and women. Can anyone tell me the set up on the Royal / Regal classships? I see there are changing areas , do these areas have lockers, showers or saunas? The overall deck plans provide little in the way of specifics,

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

I sailed on Royal Princess in late December and purchased a cruise long Lotus Spa pass.  There are separate facilities for men and women.  Assuming the facilities for the ladies is the same for the men, there are lockers and showers.  The saunas are in the area where the hydrotherapy pool is located.

The pool's unusual feature is a large rain-type shower that can be activated by the guests along with two small whirpools designed for no more than two small people to share; really only room for one, but I saw a couple sharing the space once.  The stainless steel rack is at the far end of the pool and I found it very challenging to use.  It seemed to be a bit too high off the floor for me to boost myself onto the rack.  But, others seemed to be able to use the rack with no difficulty.

The Thermal Beds are along the side of the pool and in an alcove in the pool area.  There were two water beds as well.  

4 or 5 (I don't recall accurately how many) showers are in the pool area that provide a variety of different environmental conditions, i.e. tropical rain shower, an icy type shower, etc.  I think they are supposed to be aromatherapy type as well, but I did experience much "aroma" if they were.

One quibble on my part:  the Lotus Spa is located on a lower deck and its location is in the interior.  No natural daylight and I found it to be too dark for my taste as compared to HAL's Greenhouse Spa's Hydrotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.  Would I book the Lotus Spa again?  Yes.  I enjoy such an amenity.

• Like 1

Thank you for the response and helpful information.For my cruiseon the Sky I plan on getting the spa pass for the entire cruise. The web site does not provide price or whether you can purchase a week long pass prior to boarding. Did you purchase prior to boarding? 

Thanks again.

ps...love the aroma rooms..... 

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I sailed on Royal Princess in late December and purchased a cruise long Lotus Spa pass.  There are separate facilities for men and women.  Assuming the facilities for the ladies is the same for the men, there are lockers and showers.  The saunas are in the area where the hydrotherapy pool is located.

The pool's unusual feature is a large rain-type shower that can be activated by the guests along with two small whirpools designed for no more than two small people to share; really only room for one, but I saw a couple sharing the space once.  The stainless steel rack is at the far end of the pool and I found it very challenging to use.  It seemed to be a bit too high off the floor for me to boost myself onto the rack.  But, others seemed to be able to use the rack with no difficulty.

The Thermal Beds are along the side of the pool and in an alcove in the pool area.  There were two water beds as well.  

4 or 5 (I don't recall accurately how many) showers are in the pool area that provide a variety of different environmental conditions, i.e. tropical rain shower, an icy type shower, etc.  I think they are supposed to be aromatherapy type as well, but I did experience much "aroma" if they were.

One quibble on my part:  the Lotus Spa is located on a lower deck and its location is in the interior.  No natural daylight and I found it to be too dark for my taste as compared to HAL's Greenhouse Spa's Hydrotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.  Would I book the Lotus Spa again?  Yes.  I enjoy such an amenity.

I imagine the spa on the Emerald is the same. Do you know if they have the dry Cedar sauna. I love the fragrance. 

Just to add a bit to the earlier responses:

I have used the area 5 times out of 8 Royal/Regal Cruises.  The cost varies by each cruise. Passes must be purchased for the length of the cruise.  The pass cannot be pre-purchased and they are usually quantity controlled, so should be purchased early if interested.  Prices have ranged from $18 per day to $31 per day.  The cruses that I didn’t purchase were the ones when it was over $23 per day, which was my individual price breakpoint.  There also is a discount for a couples’ pair of passes.  If the single was $20 per day, the 2 person rate was around $30 per day.

In addition to the amenities already described, there are three sauna rooms: Dry; Steam; and, my preferred, kind of a pseudo Hammam Turkish Bath with a combination steam room and slate bed to lay on which is about the size of a king size bed.  You can purchase bath scrub to use in there.  They used to give a small container with a scrub sponge to use.  Hopefully they still give it for free.  It is communal.  I say that, because I have gone in the outer room when the steam was sometimes so thick, that you think you are alone as you walk into the dimly lit ‘bed’ room.  Just make sure you look closely before you lay down!!

Hope that helps.  Safe Journeys, Paul

2 hours ago, Chiefdog said:

I imagine the spa on the Emerald is the same. Do you know if they have the dry Cedar sauna. I love the fragrance. 

The Emerald is not the same setup as Royal class.    No Cedar sauna's on Royal class.

Emerald has dry Cedar saunas as well as steam rooms in each (Mens/Womens) changing rooms - no charge.

4 hours ago, Chiefdog said:

I was in a suite on the Emerald and had free access to the Lotus Spa. We only used it once because I didn't really enjoy the area. As already mentioned above the steam rooms/saunas are free on the Emerald, as are the Sanctuary Pool and spas (all outdoors - located outside the Lotus Spa area). Passengers don't seem to realise they are freely accessible so there is never anyone there. In the spa area you go downstairs to an enclosed room and the different showers and hot tile loungers are there. I didn't find the room very pleasant at all because it was small and dark, so I wouldn't think I would purchase a pass on a future cruise on the Emerald.