MSC MERAVIGLIA SPECIALTY RESTAURANT

jacobichka

Hello.

We are will be on the New Year MCS Meraviglia cruise. Did all check in on MSC website already, and checked specialty restaurants page. It is look like I can get only 3 restaurants packages. My idea was to make a reservation for New Year evening, for only one restaurant. Any idea how I can do that on line? Or I have to call my TA? First time on MSC. Was done before with all American cruise lines.

Thanks.

You can only make specialty restaurant reservations for a specific date and time when you purchase one of the packages online, and even then it is quite quirky.  You can make the one reservation when you board and shouldn't have much trouble. 

"Ate", you are right. I called MSC, and they don't sell individual specialty restaurant reservation. Only 3 restaurants package. Such a none sense policy! What if we travel as group 6-8 persons? How they can guarantee the same table. Again such a none sense!

Very disappointed!  

Typically MSC. Great ships, great food, service....mwah....

Just go to the nearest specialty restaurant the first day onboard, and make reservations...We had made reservations beforehand, online...but while onboard, they never found these reservations....

Do not expect logical thrustworthy service of an italian cruise line....but also without al the logic, and service, MSC is still worth your money! And the Meraviglia is the most beautiful ship in the fleet!

• 2 weeks later...

On my last cruise on the Seaside I made my reservations online and once on board they did not have any of it in the system.  They did fix it once onboard no issues.  

From my experiences with MSC getting reservations onboard is not an issue. 

Edited by lcookie

On 9/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, jacobichka said:

Hello.

We are will be on the New Year MCS Meraviglia cruise. Did all check in on MSC website already, and checked specialty restaurants page. It is look like I can get only 3 restaurants packages. My idea was to make a reservation for New Year evening, for only one restaurant. Any idea how I can do that on line? Or I have to call my TA? First time on MSC. Was done before with all American cruise lines.

Thanks.

just do it onboard . I would not book NY evening in specialty restaurant . For sure its gonna be formal night and good Menu in main DR. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/4/2019 at 1:16 PM, Até said:

You can only make specialty restaurant reservations for a specific date and time when you purchase one of the packages online, and even then it is quite quirky.  You can make the one reservation when you board and shouldn't have much trouble. 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:41 PM, jacobichka said:

"Ate", you are right. I called MSC, and they don't sell individual specialty restaurant reservation. Only 3 restaurants package. Such a none sense policy! What if we travel as group 6-8 persons? How they can guarantee the same table. Again such a none sense!

Very disappointed!  

Thank you all for clearing up my confusion about the specialty restaurants. The email promos I've been receiving make it seem you could only eat at a specialty restaurant if you purchased a package and if you go online to get more information there isn't any way of selecting just 1.  Which then led me, reluctantly, to make a call to MSC  "customer service". The only information the agent offered was you could only make reservations for a package. She seemed vague and never offered to suggest that this only pertained to the making of online reservations and, as Até pointed out,  you can make the reservation while on board.

Edited by Dilori