“Old” Open Bar on Sun (or Sky) after 9/7/19

CruizinJewels

For those of you heading out on the Sun or Sky tomorrow, and booked prior to July when “Open Bar” was grandfathered in, can you please share how the process works now?

Do you need to swipe your card? Did you have to do anything in order to get Open Bar added to your account (I am leaving in October and nothing on my reservation indicates that I have Open Bar). Any info would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

I’m interested in this as well. We booked the Sun 9/30 cruise in June before the announced change. Our vacation summery now lists the “Adult Beverage Package” listed for all 3 adults. There is the option to upgrade to the premium package for a small fortune which is not even close to worth it for us. 

Our open bar for our March 2020 cruise has been converted to beverage packages. I’m assuming that it works like the other ships- you present your card for scanning. We have 3 adults and 1 child in our room. We also prepaid the DSC and I noticed that the price went down on our booking recently.

7 hours ago, CruizinJewels said:

Where are you both seeing this on your reservations?  Mine does not show a beverage package and we leave next month... it only concerns me since FLcruisergrl has hers on her account and she departs next year.  Thanks!

NCL emailed me a letter, which I’ve saved and plan on bringing with me, just in case. Additionally, on my reservation confirmation that is sent when I make a payment, it is listed as a promo code “FOBPBP” and under “Add ons”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruizinJewels said:

Where are you both seeing this on your reservations?  Mine does not show a beverage package and we leave next month... it only concerns me since FLcruisergrl has hers on her account and she departs next year.  Thanks!

When I log in to the website I see it on the Vacation Summary listed under Offer Upgrades. It didn’t list this way until after the change was announced. If you don’t see it anywhere on your account no harm in calling to get more info. If you used a TA to book, have them do the work for you.

• Like 1