Do you think RC will offer Diamond a discount on beverage package

CruisesRMe

On 9/7/2019 at 9:46 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

The drink packages are not "included" on the lines you mentioned. If you look at the bottom line cruise fare, the drink packages may not be line item listed, but you are paying for it. At least on Royal you have the option to choose not to buy.

I've priced shopped cruises for ourselves, and many times have found the Equinox with the "Two perks" (Drink Package and OBC) to be comparable in price to many RCI cruises of similar duration, on a variety of classes of RCCL ships.  However, the Royal cruises don't include drinks or OBC.

Dan

On 9/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, CruisesRMe said:

Hello Sherri,

I really appreciate your input on the Equinox.  We don't need the bells and whistles of the Oasis ship, we aren't much into the shows anyways but would go if it is a show that is interesting.  I love coffee bars and the World Class bar sounds like something we would prefer also.  Buffets are my most priority during lunch, because we tend to eat more "healthy".  

How is the food in the MDR (we generally eat at specialty restaurants and found the past two years of it declining) in Celebrity compared to RC?  Would you say its similar or do you prefer one over the other?  How do you get your dining room reservations for dinner if choosing the dining where you can go at anytime?  Can we reserve it online or do we have to do that on the ship and where would that be?

You have me more leaning to the Equinox...I also have to book a cruise down the road for next October, so thinking going on the Equinox first then next fall the Edge.

I appreciate your help here, thank you.  Linda

I can speak to this also.  We've sailed the Equinox and we felt that both the MDR and buffet were a small step above what we were used to on Royal.  Service was also a small step up.  Great crew.   You can reserve your dining room times online for each night. (if you have the flexible option)

Things we loved about the Equinox:  Indoor pool and hot tub area with true padded loungers.  The Sunset bar is a beautiful area to view the ocean and wake.  Actually, that entire top deck was wonderful to step out to in the evening.  Loved the silent disco.  The food and service were a small step up.  Loved Sushi on 5.  With the included on board credit, it was a nice "free" place for lunch a few days.  Having the drink package included was so nice.   We don't purchase the drink package on Royal, so it was a real treat to just order what we wanted, when we wanted.  We also liked the decor of the rooms slightly better than on Royal.  It's a little more clean/modern.

What I missed from Royal:  The royal promenade.  Love that area of many of the Royal ships.  I also missed having more activities.  No putt putt, no ice rink, no laser tag, escape room...  By about day 6 on our Equinox cruise, I felt like it was groundhogs day where things just felt like nothing was changing and just repeating.  Just an overall lack of activities.  Still a wonderful cruise.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher