Carnival Magic cabin televisions

mrscarnival

In our cabin the TV came with two remotes, one to turn on and off the TV and the other to change the channel.

When we couldn't find the one to turn on and off the TV we looked to see if there was a power button on the TV itself and couldn't find ANYTHING.  No buttons or places to plug things in other then what they used to plug in the box itself, not sure what type of connector that was.

6 hours ago, five. said:

In November 2016, we stayed in 12022 and hdmi worked fine via universal remote. We will be on Magic again on Saturday and will most likely use it again.

Please let us know if you were able to use the hdmi port.

Happy Sails! 🛳️

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, CoolOne56 said:

Please let us know if you were able to use the hdmi port.

Happy Sails! 🛳️

Just off the ship and wanted to report back that the HDMI in 7315 worked with no issues. Didn't even need to use the universal remote. The ship stuff was using hdmi, so I unplugged that and plugged my stuff in and it worked with no issues. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (as a certain CD is known to say)...

Can also report that the tv is also using regular 110V american plugs. So I was able to have a charging station above the safe and mini fridge. On the Horizon it required a right angle plug, so I had brought with me along with this power strip that works fine on the ship (doesn't have surge).

If you wanted to make it a little easier, you could take a hdmi switcher with you, because the screen has only one hdmi port (that I could find at least). But it was easy in our room at least to get at the hdmi to swap. It was in a corner mount, so I could literally stick my whole head underneath to easily see what I was doing. Horizon was flush mounted and I would not want to get at the hdmi or usb multiple times. But magic was easy.

Not related to this post, but elsewhere on the site someone else had mentioned doing magnetic hooks on the walls. I can report back that they worked great and were handy to have on hand.

Also, if you wanted to charge your devices on your nightstands, at least our nightstands were using 2 220V sockets. So you would need to get creative, with a device that has both european style plugs and american, that can have at least 4 devices or something of that sort. I did have european to american style adapters, but we wanted our lamps more than we wanted to charge. I had not brought a second power strip for that scenario.

Edited by five.

8 hours ago, five. said:

Just off the ship and wanted to report back that the HDMI in 7315 worked with no issues. Didn't even need to use the universal remote. The ship stuff was using hdmi, so I unplugged that and plugged my stuff in and it worked with no issues. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (as a certain CD is known to say)...

Can also report that the tv is also using regular 110V american plugs. So I was able to have a charging station above the safe and mini fridge. On the Horizon it required a right angle plug, so I had brought with me along with this power strip that works fine on the ship (doesn't have surge).

If you wanted to make it a little easier, you could take a hdmi switcher with you, because the screen has only one hdmi port (that I could find at least). But it was easy in our room at least to get at the hdmi to swap. It was in a corner mount, so I could literally stick my whole head underneath to easily see what I was doing. Horizon was flush mounted and I would not want to get at the hdmi or usb multiple times. But magic was easy.

Not related to this post, but elsewhere on the site someone else had mentioned doing magnetic hooks on the walls. I can report back that they worked great and were handy to have on hand.

Also, if you wanted to charge your devices on your nightstands, at least our nightstands were using 2 220V sockets. So you would need to get creative, with a device that has both european style plugs and american, that can have at least 4 devices or something of that sort. I did have european to american style adapters, but we wanted our lamps more than we wanted to charge. I had not brought a second power strip for that scenario.

five, thanks for the update. Glade it worked out for you!

We were on the Magic this past March.  My sons tried the HMDI in their cabin to play their Nintendo Switches and it did NOT work.  They were in cabin 9470.  We didn't try ours as we had no reason to but theirs definitely didn't work.  My boys are 14 and 17 and would know how all of that stuff works and they had no success.

John Heald has mentioned disabling the HMDI ports on the TV but now through this string I see that it is the remote they disable.  I have no idea why they would disable them.  What would the harm be to allow people to connect?  What would the reasoning be behind that?  Does anyone know?  

Thank you for the tip of the "universal remote".  I think we will be trying that on the next ship.  Does anyone know the brand of TV so we can pre-lookup the code?  

Edited by cdm289