Royal Princess - San Pedro

meh56

We have not sailed on the Royal before and have a question about boarding.  We have requested wheelchair assistance to board.  Can anyone tell me where we go for

wheelchair assist?  Also we want to try to get space at the sanctuary one day during our trip and have never done this.  Where do you go onboard to sign up for the sanctuary?

I understand it is first come, first serve. We should be receiving our medallions any day, do still have to go to a check in line or just wait til they call for boarding? They used to give you a boarding number or letter and then you would board.

9 hours ago, meh56 said:

We have not sailed on the Royal before and have a question about boarding.  We have requested wheelchair assistance to board.  Can anyone tell me where we go for

wheelchair assist?  Also we want to try to get space at the sanctuary one day during our trip and have never done this.  Where do you go onboard to sign up for the sanctuary?

I understand it is first come, first serve. We should be receiving our medallions any day, do still have to go to a check in line or just wait til they call for boarding? They used to give you a boarding number or letter and then you would board.

Our last trip on the Royal out of SP was this past May. If you want to have any hope of getting decent loungers in the Sanctuary, particularly if it's for a sea day, you'd better board VERY early. We're only Platinum, and show up around 10-10:30AM, and sit in the waiting room until boarding starts around 11:30. We race up to the Sanctuary immediately upon boarding, no stops along the way, and still always find a line of B2Bs, and Elite folks ahead of us. While we do get OK lounger locations, the best ones are always gone by the time we get there.  Once you arrive there, the staff will walk you around and show you the available loungers.

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

We race up to the Sanctuary immediately upon boarding, no stops along the way, and still always find a line of B2Bs, and Elite folks ahead of us.

Cool, one more reason for me to hate on the Sanctuary.

For the OP, there is special assistance available for wheelchair access.