Sending out clothes for pressing?

LOFIC

Can anyone tell me if the steward takes care of having clothes pressed?and how long it takes? What is the cost? Sailing 2/4 on Carribean Princess and want to know if I should iron everything before I go?:confused:

Thanks.

I leave the items on the bed in the morning with the form filled out and it's back the next day. It can be expensive. Dress shirts and linen items are all i really send out to be pressed. The rest can be steamed in the bathroom during showers.

Last year on the Carnival I had brought a linen skirt. I paid $5.00 at home to have it pressed. we flew in the day before, and on the ship when we unpacked, the skirt still got wrinkled, even in cleaner's bag in a garment bag. I paid $4.00 on board to have it pressed! That was cheaper than home!!

• 2 weeks later...

The only real problem with depending on pressing on the ship is if you are sailing and the next day is a sea day and the first formal night. You have to check expedited service in order to have it back in time. And if you have first seating traditional or want to eat early on the Caribbean Princess, a suit/tux or dress won't be back in time for the Capt's reception--so you would have to miss that. I suggest pressing before you leave, packing in a cleaner's bag and bringing a steamer or wrinkle releaser with you. Hopefully with all of this, you can avoid the pressing. If not, then plan your first formal night accordingly.

Archived