Disembarking question magnifica

Parraboy

Hi all 

we are booked on the msc magnifica . I was positive that disembark time was 9.00am Sunday in November .  Checked tonite and it is 9.30am. 

I booked non refundable train tickets from Venice to Verona departing 12.02pm.  I also have pre paid taxi voucher . 

How is the disembarking process in Venice . We always do self carry off and aim to be in first off where possible . 

Based on experience do I have any issues getting off and cleared and to the main train station and on that train in time . 

Kind regards 

It's pretty easy to get on the people mover train to Piazzale Roma then walk across the foot bridge to Santa Lucia train station, I don't think a taxi voucher would be necessary or helpful unless you booked out of the Venezia Mestre train station.  I didn't think they let people do self carry off in Venice.  I still think it can be done.

Your time was probably changed because there's been a slowdown of ships entering Venice due to recent accidents, they are now requiring more tugs per ship and it causes delays with all cruise lines.  I would  go to the Italian ports section of CC and read up on it or ask the specific question there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

Edited by Até

I disembarked Magnifica in Venice on Sunday, September 1. The Daily Program is very explicit that large cases cannot be carried off the ship by passengers. Also, the disembarkation times were quite prolonged--over three hours if I recall correctly. I would address your need aboard as soon as you embark. Friends with whom I traveled did not disembark until after 11:30, which prevented them from being able to arrive on time for a 13:00 lunch in Venice.

Good luck!