Tell me about the Rum factory tour in SJ

if you start from old san juan it costs 25 cents for ferry and another 25 cents for bus . ( maybe 50 cents ).. They will let you off at the gate, then walk about 1 & 1/2 blocks. It`s a historic tour. Not a distilation tour:mad: . If you want me to call you email me---- marquardtbob@hotmail.com and give me your phone #

Its not worth it...You only walk through the historic section where they show you the history of their rum. They give you handheld radios to learn about your surroundings....there is no specific tour guide. however, you do get 2 free drink coupons if you book with the cruise line. You also get to take a short video (no charge) that you can e-mail to friends and family from the plant. my suggestion is to tour the city on your own and stop at the Fort and if its too hot...just hang by the fountains...walk off the ship and out of the terminals and head to your left...some nice views.

What is Senor Frogs ? Is there anything in San Juan that kids 8-11 would enjoy ? We are going on the Navigator and it will be docked from 2-10pm.

Thanks

Senor Frogs is a club/bar that many cruise pax and island vacationers go to for yard beers and party atmosphere. DW and our group do a pre cruise stay in San Juan on the eve of our cruise originating from San Juan. We go to Senor Frogs with many of the cruise critic members from the "Meet & Mingle" that are doing a pre cruise stay in San Juan. Since you will be docking there, therte are other excursions you may want to choose. The El Yunke Rain forest is a good tour if you are looking for a day in port. There is decent shopping in Old San Juan as well. I think the kids would enjoy staying on the ship for the most part, but I understand you want to do an excursion.

IMHO...I would stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities, but thats because DW and I have been to PR many times. Out of our 14 cruises, 12 of them have been from San Juan. We actually board the ship early in the afternoon and spend the rest of the day on the ship. I also played baseball in PR for several years, so there is nothing I really feel the island offers. However, since you will be in San Juan from 2pm - 10pm, you just might want to visit one of the many resorts on the island and enjoy their amenities for the day. The Condado and Dorado areas in PR are very nice and offer a wide variety of resorts.

John

We took the tour in Sept. We had a tour guide. It is defiantly a tourist trap. It was interesting. Everyone gets the 2 free drinks. The tour is free if you do it on your own. The water ferry was 50 cent round trip and a taxi was about 3-4 dollars to the factory. There are taxi's waiting at the factory for the trip back. If you like rum, they have one type you can only get there that is wonderful. $50 a bottle. I had to pick up a couple of bottles for a friend here. She shared..:D

Archived