Alaska Seaplane Tours

Francine

No, haven't heard from them. I know several there including Island Wings, Southeast Aviation, Carlin Air, who are all well established and recommended. Go to Ketchikan site and request free visitor guide or get websites for above companies.

I went back and did a search for older posts and and also searched with Ryan McCue's name. All the comments I could find were very positive. We are booked to fly with him in June while in Ketchikan. We also wanted to kayak the Orca's Cove with Southeast and do be able to do both we had to book with Ryan, who will be picking us up from our kayaking excursion.

K.

We just booked with Alaska Seaplane Tours this week for our trip in August. Can't wait!!! Ryan was great. He has us even more excited to see Alaska than we were before. We had friends who reccomeded them as well as the cruise, so we had some first hand insight with some really pleased customers. I would give them a call. They have a web site. alaskaseaplanetours.com. Check out the customer comments on their pages and there are some really great pictures too. Good luck, I'm glad I decided to go with Ryan McCue, Alaska Seaplane Tours.

:)

We also justed book with Ryan at Alaskan Seaplane Tour for September - Misty Fjords Tour.

Ryan seemed like a nice guy, had the time slot we were looking for available and at a good price.

Will give a full review when we get back.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all --

We booked with Alaska Seaplane Tours in August 2005 and were delighted to fly with Ryan! And it was our honeymoon, to boot. ;-)

From pick-up to drop-off in Ketchikan, we had an amazing time!

We flew through Misty Fjords to Hyder, AK to go bear watching. The tour was unbelievable!

Ryan & his crew are fantastic!

There were several of us in our group -- we booked two of Ryan's planes -- and had people with us who were scared to death to go up in the seaplanes. They did just fine - and were enthralled with the experience.

Enjoy! I'm envious!

~ trish

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I'm new to the boards, but have looked them up a lot for my cruise to the Western Caribbean last February on the Westerdam. Thank you to anyone who wrote about it, it was a wonderful experience! :)

I am sailing to Alaska with my better half in September (same ship) and I am trying to organise tours. I read very good reviews about Island Wings. Can anyone compare it to Alaska Seaplane Tours?

I can only speak from personal experience but my wife and I had the times of our lives viewing Misty Fjords using a small company in Kechikan, Seawind Aviation (www.seawindaviation.com).

We landed on a lake in the mountains and actually saw a couple of bears from the air. One thing that really made the trip interesting was the pilot explaining things as we flew over them. We used some sort of special headsets where we could speak during the flight. Just a wonderful time!

We're hoping to cruise up to Alaska again next year or the year after. Have a wonderful trip.

Archived