South America Exploration Insurance

jessybell

Hello Jesssybell,

We are on the same cruise and are using the "free" annual Nationwide Worldwide Travel cover we have with our FlexPlus account which covers sea cruises.  You may wish to consider this as an option.

For this we have to pay £13 per month as an account charge, but this includes other benefits.

As my husband is over 70 years of age we had to pay a £65 additional fee for 12 months.  We also had to pay an additional £84 to extend the standard maximum trip length to exceed 70 nights as only trips up to 30/31 days are included as standard.

We could have paid extra, I seem to recall around £80 was quoted, to cover a sum in excess of £5,000 per person for trip cancellation, but as we have only paid 30% of the cost do far, which is less than that, we haven't done that do far.

Fortunately we do not have medical conditions which need to be declared so have no direct experience, but acquaintances who like yourselves have medically controlled conditions have told me it was beneficial to stick with them.

As an aside Nationwide are to introduce additional cruise cover, as an extra, from November to cover missed ports / missed ship etc.  As the price is not available yet we will contact them early in November and decide then.

We also use the debit card on the account in foreign ATMs - there is no charge, and the rate is not loaded.  We also use their Select Credit Card for fee free /"clean" exchange rates when travelling.

We tried LV with whom we have car and house insurance and they gave us a really good price...much much cheaper than anyone else and covering everything even America...so have gone with them.  Handy to know they go up to 90 day trips and for up to,80 yr old.

Can’t help you with your travel insurance, but in case you haven’t thought of it can I suggest you check your house insurance as well as I know ours require us to notify them if we’re going to be away from home for more the 30 consecutive days.

Les.

• 2 weeks later...