NCL Planner & Excursion updates

imlulu

We are on The Encore and our first time on NCL. ON RCI, once you book, most excursions are available in the Planner for  pre booking. We are 133 days out & still at 47 excursions total. We have been to 2 of the 3 ports but are specifically interested in going to St John from St Thomas. We know the DIY way but would prefer to just do a NCL excursion for this. Any one on earlier sailings and see a St John excursion as an option?

NCL Planner is definitely not as user friendly as RCI.

TIA 

Edited by imlulu

19 minutes ago, imlulu said:

We are on The Encore and our first time on NCL. ON RCI, once you book, most excursions are available in the Planner for  pre booking. We are 133 days out & still at 47 excursions total. We have been to 2 of the 3 ports but are specifically interested in going to St John from St Thomas. We know the DIY way but would prefer to just do a NCL excursion for this. Any one on earlier sailings and see a St John excursion as an option?

NCL Planner is definitely not as user friendly as RCI.

TIA 

Excursions will open closer to the cruise date. I don't have experience with RCCL, but NCL has been pretty easy for me.

You can also research excursions from the website not within your reservation by using the explore tab and selecting the port if intetest.

NCL negotiates with providers so that may be the delay with posting.

So a little patience and research. You can also jus call the SE desk and ask any questions too.

Unless you have the excursion credit as a perk, I recommend NOT booking with NCL. the tour groups tend to be huge and over-priced. Look up other excursions and compare. Many companies also guarantee to get you back to the port. I very rarely book with NCL directly (I did for Harvest Caye just because of the long ferry ride), and I have had incredible experiences. Pro tip: Book a tour that comes back with an hour or two of a buffer before you have to leave if you are nervous at all about missing the ship. You can breathe a little more and still have some time to shop in port and enjoy the area.