Question regarding drinks for kids during the shows

PapaBear

My wife and I are buying drink coupons for ourselves in advance. Our kids drink very little soda. Would we be able to get lemonade or believe it or not, water (yes our 10 year old's fluid intake is about 90% H2O) from the servers or would that be "cheap" ? Thanks for your help.

Lemonade is available 24 hrs in the lido buffet area. Bring a glass with you into the show.

The servers will gladly sell you bottled water.

[B]Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas[/B]

[img]http://www.curlingzone.com/forums/images/imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg[/img]

[img]http://sympatico.animfactory.com/animations/music/misc/bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif[/img]

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:
Shhhh, it's a surprise!

[I]Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.[/I]

I always pack an insulated mug for just this--I head to the buffet area and fill it up with lemonade or iced tea before I head to the show.
OR
The kids can also get virgin frozen foo foo drinks.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

The frozen non-alcoholic drinks are wonderful. And they come in many flavors.

-- Cheryl

****Proud member of O.A.T.C.****
Check out my Homepage in my profile for Conquest info

10/99 Fantasy
12/01 Inspiration
03/02 Inspiration
03/03 Conquest

Short one on the Celebration
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;31;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
JULY 31, 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by serene56:
The kids can also get virgin frozen foo foo drinks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
But do not use your drink coupons for this, you'll be losing money on the deal.

I agree with the poster who said to take a glass of water with you to the show. Before we went on our cruise we struggled with the decision of whether or not to buy the drink card for our kids. Our son drinks a fair amount of pop but our daughters prefer water and lemonade. In the end we did not purchase any cards. My son was content to have pop probably two times on the ship. The rest of the time all three of them drank as much as they wanted of the free drinks (water, lemonade and fruit punch). Orange juice and milk are available at meals. Take some sort of drink container with you and just fill it up before the show.
Have fun!
Rose

Just confirming a previous answer -[B]DO NOT[/B] buy too many prepaid drink tickets, you will find that most of what you end up buying are not as much as the value of the prepaid vouchers. And the servers will give you a glass of ice water N/C,you can purchase a bottled water if you prefer - we found also recently 3/20 Legend that in the show lounge you get a 20 oz plastic bottle of soda and not a glass of ice with a little soda in it, that was nice because you were able to take it back to the room if you did not drink it all, and I had brought my own red wine on board and I like to mix it with ginger ale -so that worked out great for me.

The drink coupons are worth the money if you do your research before buying a drink. The coupons do not have a huge savings overall but makes for a lighter bar bill at the end. Coupons are not worth it if you are a beer drinker or a mixed drink--say rum and coke drinks. But if you do the frozen stuff--that is where it pays off.

They can also be used for other cruises later.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Archived