Easy Drink Package - Pay Difference on Drinks over $6.00?

moneyman702

Does anybody know if MSC allows you to pay the difference on drinks over $6.00?  I know that Royal Caribbean allows you to simply pay the difference on any drink over $12.00-13.00 with their package.

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this question online, and the MSC Customer Service Representative I spoke to after a 20 minute hold was no help either.

12 minutes ago, moneyman702 said:

Does anybody know if MSC allows you to pay the difference on drinks over $6.00?  I know that Royal Caribbean allows you to simply pay the difference on any drink over $12.00-13.00 with their package.

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this question online, and the MSC Customer Service Representative I spoke to after a 20 minute hold was no help either.

MSC is different, you pay the full amount of the drink, not the difference in price (unlike some other lines). 

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

From your lips to MSC’s ears! 😁

I can be optimistic.  Hahaha. 

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times before, but I wasn't able to find a thread that specifically addressed this by the thread title/name.

It has been addressed multiple times before, but fret not: sometimes the search function in CC isn’t too user friendly, so I occasionally ask questions that have been answered before but to which I couldn’t find the response. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

Is there anywhere on MSC's website to upgrade to the next drink package using my included drink package as a deposit toward it? 

We've never done a package upgrade but I know that you can, you'll just pay the difference between what you have and the package you wish to purchase. I'm not sure if you can do it on the website or if you would need to call MSC or your TA.

11 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We've never done a package upgrade but I know that you can, you'll just pay the difference between what you have and the package you wish to purchase. I'm not sure if you can do it on the website or if you would need to call MSC or your TA.

I'd call MSC, I did that before our cruise last year and it was done in < 5 minutes. Our TA did it for us earlier this week for our upcoming cruise. 

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

I guess I've been lucky, when I called to do my upgrade, I was on hold for less than 2 minutes, more like 1. Very fast. 

Lucky indeed! Yesterday I called and hung up after 35 minutes and called again after five and waited 27 minutes. And then the agent gave me wrong info in regards to my inquiry lol. Luckily the information was close enough that I was able to Google the correct answer. 

I'll try again. Thanks for the advice! 

• Like 1