pokemon Go Allure of the Seas

brphares

My girlfriend and I are going on the Allure of the Seas in a couple weeks and enjoy playing Pokémon Go.  We have the unlimited internet, any tips or tricks for those that like to play, or any way to find groups of other players? Stops or gyms on the boat?

You can use an incense while you're cruising and Pokemon will pop up in the ocean. 

We didn't have any problems when we were on Allure last year, but when we on our Med cruise earlier this year we kept getting "soft banned" in the game.  The ship's Wifi had us in the port in Barcelona.  When we switched to our cell network in port the game banned us because we switched countries in a short period of time.  We ended up banned for 30 minutes to a couple of hours.  In the future we're not going to turn on the game when we're close to a port to avoid this.  The ban was super frustrating to our son - you can see Pokemon but everything runs when you try to catch them.  He had a shiny run and was pretty upset!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sikegrad said:

When the ship is docked, you may see some spawns nearby.  I don't remember any stops or gyms being in proximity of the ship where you can still use Voom though.

In Cádiz my son managed to get a stop from the ship but I could not.

Also a Pokemon Player here and can confirm some of what's above.

- Nothing will spawn in the ocean when you are traveling unless you use incense.

- No stops or gyms ON the boat.

- Using wifi or data you'll be able to play in different ports.

- In some ports I was able to reach a stop or gym from the boat!

- If you have a sea day you will NOT get to spin a stop or gym so be prepared to miss a day on any streaks or research you have. 

6 hours ago, sharktums said:

Also a Pokemon Player here and can confirm some of what's above.

- Nothing will spawn in the ocean when you are traveling unless you use incense.

- No stops or gyms ON the boat.

- Using wifi or data you'll be able to play in different ports.

- In some ports I was able to reach a stop or gym from the boat!

- If you have a sea day you will NOT get to spin a stop or gym so be prepared to miss a day on any streaks or research you have. 

Great list

Can I add you can give research in but not complete any on a sea day.

^Thanks!

You can complete if you have some 'saved up', but I meant more you won't be able to spin and get anything new or if you have a task to spin a stop 7 days in a row or anything that won't be able to happen and you'll have to start over.