Oceana

lujaha

Hi all you P&O experts!!  I have found a good value cruise on Oceana from Southampton in February next year.  Not much choice of cabins, one right at the bows, which I had earlier this year on Aurora and was seasick first time ever.  The only other choice is deck 8 at the aft.  The snag is it is above the Starlight lounge.  Has anyone had a cabin in this area?  It will be D740 or D743.  What was the noise like from the music below and what time does it go on to?  Would I be right in thinking these cabins (outside) have a very large window?  And lastly, are they shower or bath?  Thanks in advance for any help given.

Never get an actual bath until you are at least up to mini-suite level in my experience.  I  tend to use crystallised ginger from Holland and Barrett if you ever get problems.  Widows tend to be a lot bigger than the portholes of yesteryear.

Regards John

Widows tend to be a lot bigger than the portholes of yesteryear."

Hi John 

I know it was a slight omission and unintentional  but it did make me smile...in fact it made me laugh out loud 😁

Edited by janny444
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We haven't been above the Starlight Lounge but have been above the nightclub on Oceana in an inside cabin. We could hear the nightclub through the floor. Sweet Caroline at 1.00am wasn't much fun on the Karaoke nights.

We asked to move and P&O obliged when another inside cabin came free. Of course we could have gone to the Karaoke but then everyone above the nightclub would have been complaining.

17 hours ago, john watson said:

Never get an actual bath until you are at least up to mini-suite level in my experience.  I  tend to use crystallised ginger from Holland and Barrett if you ever get problems.  Widows tend to be a lot bigger than the portholes of yesteryear.

Regards John

We had a bath in our outside cabin on Aurora.  I have now booked and it is a shower.  I know ginger is good for sickness.  I also found out that the cabin has a large sloping window.  Hopefully the Starlight closes at midnight.  Thanks for the replies folks.