San Juan Short stop 7-1pm

kkat10

I will be visiting in February. I will be with my 3 kids 9years old and 12 yrs. What can we do in this short period of time that will be enjoyable for everyone? Is it easy to get around the island? I would also like to shop---where do we go and how do we get there?

You can easily walk over to either San Cristobal or El Morro forts. San Cristobal is closest to port, El Morro is bigger and more impressive for kids. Also you can buy an inexpensive kite or two at CVS across the street from the ship or near El Morro and fly them in the fort's front lawn area, which is a very popular kids activity there. You can walk back from the fort and browse the stores on your way back. Try to stop at the bottom end of Calle del Cristo at the Parque de las Palomas (pigeon park) where for $1 you can buy a bag of corn or peas to feed the pigeons there. They literally will eat from their hands!! The guy who sell the bags also has hand sanitizer on hand to help the kids clean up afterwards. If you want to maximize time, take a quick taxi ride to the fort and walk on your way back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, Stinger-pr said:

You can easily walk over to either San Cristobal or El Morro forts. San Cristobal is closest to port, El Morro is bigger and more impressive for kids. Also you can buy an inexpensive kite or two at CVS across the street from the ship or near El Morro and fly them in the fort's front lawn area, which is a very popular kids activity there. You can walk back from the fort and browse the stores on your way back. Try to stop at the bottom end of Calle del Cristo at the Parque de las Palomas (pigeon park) where for $1 you can buy a bag of corn or peas to feed the pigeons there. They literally will eat from their hands!! The guy who sell the bags also has hand sanitizer on hand to help the kids clean up afterwards. If you want to maximize time, take a quick taxi ride to the fort and walk on your way back.

We are also there from 7 until 1. Short time frame and traveling with our 13 year old so we were thinking about the Zip Line Canopy Tour. Any experience with that?