Muscat Visa

We are thinking of booking the 7th november cruise from petra finishing of in Muscat. I am finding differing things when I google Muscat visa we are there over night and catching our flight back from there we are from the UK if anyone can advise re visas please

We flew to Dubai for a Marella cruise Jan 2017 and had two ports of call in Oman - Khasabi and Muscat and we did not have to get visas before we started the cruise

Next April we again fly to Dubai for the repositioning of Discovery to Palma calling into Khasabi and Muscat again on our way back to Palma and have been told we don't need visas before we go

However our friends are joining the ship for the repositioning in Muscat and as they are landing in Muscat Airport they have been told they need a visa, although theyre not sure this is the case as they are joining a cruise ship

You will be leaving from Muscat and will have a day and a night there but I believe you will be classed as 'passing through' and will not require a visa. 

Please check the Oman government website which gives details for visas including those arriving by cruise ship

I believe this is the first time Marella have used flights in and out of Muscat so no one will have experienced it before

Edited by Vitalsign

As of the 21st of March 2018, all tourist visitors will need to have a pre-obtained, 30-day tourist visit visa to enter Oman. Please note that cruise ships are exempt from this regulation. All cruise ships are given a blanket visa which is organised between the cruise ship company and the Royal Oman Police."

I do know when we were on the ship we were given a free 48 hour visa by Marella when in Oman but this was as a cruise tourist As you won't be arriving at Muscat airport you should get one of these when you arrive by ship for going ashore. I can't see how you would need a visa to leave the country as you go by coach directly to the airport from the ship

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

As of the 21st of March 2018, all tourist visitors will need to have a pre-obtained, 30-day tourist visit visa to enter Oman. Please note that cruise ships are exempt from this regulation. All cruise ships are given a blanket visa which is organised between the cruise ship company and the Royal Oman Police."

i HAVE LOOKED AND CANT FIND THIS INFORMATION HAVE YOU A LINK YOU COULD SEND ME PLEASE sorry diddnt mean to shout. We are also from west yorkshire not far from you at all 🙂

Hello, I havve booked on this cruise and recived an email from TUI this week, with our details etc, I have copied this for from the need to know section....

guests who are embarking or disembarking in Muscat will now need to apply for their visas before they travel. This must be done at least one week prior to arriving in Oman and will be valid for one month from the date of purchase. Please visit https://www.cibtvisas.co.uk/marella for specific visa requirements and prices for your cruise.

I have also looked on line and trying to find out more about Visas on other sites as I have a feeling that TUI could be making money on this 

BLJ1 - great news many thanks. So we don't need a visa beforehand as just visiting but my friends joining in Muscat DO need one and also C@lm-Se@s DOES need one for flying out of Muscat

The Royal Omani police website issues e-visas at the proper price and I should use this website

https://www.rop.gov.om/english/visaservices_mainpage.html

this website takes you to the correct page

I did a lot of research last night direct gov Uk advises to go through The Royal Omani police website and it is a lot Cheaper than the one that TUI send the link for. Having said all that because it was such a ball ache we have booked our Cruise today same ship but To Thailand in Dec 🙂

On 9/26/2019 at 7:19 PM, C@lm-Se@s said:

We are thinking of booking the 7th november cruise from petra finishing of in Muscat. I am finding differing things when I google Muscat visa we are there over night and catching our flight back from there we are from the UK if anyone can advise re visas please

As I understand ur be in transit and not staying longer than 48 hours you should not need one. Check with Oman embassy, there quite good .

You definitely need one if you're flying in or out of Oman.  I did this earlier this year, flew into Muscat, then straight into the ship.  You need to apply no more than 30 days in advance, and I recommend using the Omani Police website.  It's relatively easy, and cheap. A lot of the visa companies are making a lot of money out of this!  I spoke to several people who'd paid hundreds!