Luggage Restrictions

tnt10

I really wish there was a search feature for each cruiseline on CC like there used to be....

Does anyone know if MSC really enforces their baggage policy on Grand Voyages (repo cruises)??

I've never had a problem with luggage, and I've always carried up to 3 bags per person,and up to 70 lbs. each.  MSC is saying 200 lbs. of luggage per stateroom max.   Never dealt with this before.

Has anyone else here??

Thanks

Never heard of this and at first I thought this was a joke post.  The cruise lines are not tied to any airline rules and I would like to see the reference you made to 200 lbs of luggage per state room.  That would never work for the wife and I on our long cruises.

Sorry CarolnLarry,

After re-reading MSC's info, appears the limitations are only enforced on certain Grand Voyages, see below:

"Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person (not exceeding 90x75x43 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag), and two pieces of hand luggage per person (not exceeding 56x45x25 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag).
On all MSC Grand Voyages to/from The Caribbean, South America, South Africa and The United Arab Emirates, the above mentioned guidelines represent the maximum limit allowed per person. In any case, the maximum amount of luggage in each cabin must not exceed 100 kg and/or 8 pieces among all passengers in the same cabin. Any piece of luggage exceeding the allowance will not be accepted at Check-In. Guests intending to exceed these limits are invited to contact MSC Cruises directly or via their travel agents at the time of booking for information on how to ship luggage in excess of the free luggage allowance separately via freight or cargo, at an additional charge."

Looks as if you and the wife are safe...