A Review of High Seas Escapades "Escape" from New York 15th September 2019

peteukmcr

11 hours ago, eowyn13 said:

Thanks so much for the review of the ship and the mini suite. I appreciate the pictures as well. It was very helpful and informative.

it was also interesting and fun to read the reviews of the ports and your first experiences with lobster.

I have one thing I need to mention. In Canada we have Provinces and not States. New Brunswick is the only Bilingual Province in Canada 🇨🇦. You are correct about the signs needing to be in both English and French.

I've corrected my error (apologies) in this version

https://highseasescapades.co.uk/ncl-escape-from-new-york-to-new-england-and-canada/

I was on the Escape the following week.  Recently Platinum, I asked about the free tour of the ship.  I was told I could take the tour, but my non-platinum cabinmate (girlfriend) could not.  Is this standard NCL practice?

20 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

I was on the Escape the following week.  Recently Platinum, I asked about the free tour of the ship.  I was told I could take the tour, but my non-platinum cabinmate (girlfriend) could not.  Is this standard NCL practice?

That is correct.  Bear in mind that there are Platinum Plus and Ambassador members that "out-rank" you and your non-Platinum cabin mate!

22 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

Yes...my daughter and I are platinum, but my husband is not.  Only my daughter and I could do the behind the scenes tour, which was really good.  

Great review!!! ty.......I was on the Escape the first week in September, and I kept saying that I thought the crew was the nicest ship-wide of any NCL ship I have been on.  It just seemed like everyone was always in a good mood and that made our trip so much more enjoyable 🙂

On 9/28/2019 at 12:47 PM, Captain-John said:

Love it. Can't understand why more cruise lines don't do this. I've asked and been refused on a few. Someone mentioned it in another thread though - say I was on one of those lines that didn't offer this 'Self Assist' option - and I simply didn't put my suitcases out the night before - are they going to refuse to let me walk off with them?🙂

In my early twenties I was a bit of the family mess on a Princess Cruise, I didn't put my bag out the night before and it definitely was able to walk off with me - the details are a bit hazy but I was rushed off the ship to catch my airport transfer with a bunch of angry relatives waiting for me. I still feel guilt about this...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, k&j said:

Great review. I will be on the Escape Oct. 20-27 to Bermuda. My first time on Norwegian. How does it compare to Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival?

We’ve sailed on all 3 you mention, mostly Royal Caribbean (21 sailings) and consider Norwegian to be very much like Royal in terms of atmosphere and facilities. However, with the definite cost cutting that in our opinion is evident in the food quality on Royal, we believe Norwegian gives us more that we like. The complimentary food in our opinion is better, the little touches such as coffee maker in the cabin and body wash and separate shampoo in the shower is more than Royal now give. In general NCL beverage prices are lower. 

Norwegian is more family oriented than Celebrity (which we do like but their recent prices are out of our range for similar sailings). 

Carnival are more value for money, and do not offer as much of a variety (neither do RCI or Celebrity) of venues as NCL do. 

Edited by peteukmcr

• 2 weeks later...