Specialty restaurants complimentary kids menu?

smashedpumpkins

My wife and I have 3 specialty meals and 2 platinum dinners for an upcoming cruise on the Escape. I noticed while creating a reservation for Los Lobos the question mark next to the "Per Person Price:" says "Pricing will be adjusted onboard for children ordering from the complimentary kids menu." We have 2 children under 2. On a previous cruise the matre d allowed our kids to join us without any cost but it was made clear that this was an "exception" and we missed the rest of our specialty dinners because of it.

Is this complimentary kids menu new or is it a relic that they likely won't know about? This would be wonderful if true.

The complimentary kids menu is the same as the kids menu in the MDR. I have seen some posts that teppenaki (I know I butchered that) charges regardless because they take a seat, but I've also seen that they don't do that. 

I don't think is new, but I childfree so I can't say I paid attention to that. 

The complimentary kids menu has been around for some time.  It is the same menu that is offered kids in the MDR and other venues on ship.   Unfortunately it is only for kids 12 and under.   It is what one would normally expect on an American kids menu, nuggets, burgers, hog dogs, pasta, etc and juice or milk.   Nice way to eat a specialty meal with the family without having to pay for the kids.   Of course, you can always accidentally slip extra food from your plate to theirs and throw up your hands should they jump into your desserts.:)     When our 13 YO was younger we generally only included her for one the specialty dinners and let her go to Splash Academy while we enjoyed the others alone.   I would take her to the Garden Buffet then to the Splash Academy before our dinner.    Enjoy.  

Thank you for the replies. I did some googling and found the list of items included. They will both be under 2 and food like nuggets, mac n cheese, and hot dogs are perfect for them. This really is wonderful news. I thought we wouldn't be able to eat these meals together.