Cruising from SanPedro

goalman

On 11/2/2019 at 10:24 AM, Northumberland said:

We are sailing from San Pedro for the first time at the end of March. We booked into the Best Western Plus San Pedro after reading some good reviews on Trip Advisor. We have also booked the long term parking at the hotel. It seemed like a good choice considering it's proximity to the port and the free port shuttle service. If you've stayed there before, I'd like to hear your thoughts about the hotel and the area around the hotel.

I haven't stayed there, but I live in the area and have had a lot of family living in San Pedro over the years.

The Best Western is a fine hotel, the area, not so much. It isn't that it is dangerous or bad, just blah. It is fine for an overnight, but there are not many nice restaurants nearby. The only one in close proximity I like is Raffaello Ristorante, other than that you need to go aways for good.

30 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

I haven't stayed there, but I live in the area and have had a lot of family living in San Pedro over the years.

The Best Western is a fine hotel, the area, not so much. It isn't that it is dangerous or bad, just blah. It is fine for an overnight, but there are not many nice restaurants nearby. The only one in close proximity I like is Raffaello Ristorante, other than that you need to go aways for good.

Hi scottca075,

Thank you for your response. That helps a lot.

We are actually booked in for 2 nights in order to get the shuttle time to the port when we want and get in a little sight seeing on our day in between.

FYI. When you come from the frozen center of Canada, there is nothing blah about visiting in a coastal community. 😄😎

5 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I'm glad you recommended  Raffaello's - I'm staying near the port and thought this looked like a nice place.  We are staying at the DoubleTree and they tell me their shuttle will take us to restaurants.