Car rental

linerode

We will be on St. Maarten/Martin in November for one day on our cruise and would like to rent a car to drive around the island. Is the only location to pick up cars at the airport? I was hoping to pick one up at the cruise port to save a little time. 

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I used Rodael a few years ago, not sure if they're still around. The picked us up just outside the port, took us back to the office to do the paperwork, and dropped us off when we returned the vehicle.

I noticed quite a few other companies also picking people up so look around and I'm sure you'll find something.

I don't recall seeing a rental agency office right at the port, but someone else will probably answer

• 2 weeks later...

I have rented vehicles several times in the past. You just walk off the ship, exit the port out onto parking lot/taxi stand area. If you turn to your right there is a small building with several companies that rent various vehicles. Not sure of the names right now but they are available.

One word, for full disclosure. I have not rented a vehicle since the bad hurricanes of a couple of years ago. You might want to do some research on the ones that might still be in business.

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back from a stop in St Maarten on the Adventure of the Seas. I found Coastal online, and reserved a car for $64 pre pay. The company was excellent. They were very prompt and nice.  We drove clockwise around the island to avoid traffic, stopping at Maho beach first.  we took our time, made many stops, spent a little time at orient, and had time left to shop before turning the car in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1