VOOM on Oasis

It depends on what you're looking to do. Standard streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, etc. work really well. WiFi calling works well. Facebook, Twitter, etc. work well. VPNs, Slingboxes, connections to private servers, and non-cloud services may not work at all.

I was on Oasis three weeks ago in the Med and was thoroughly impressed for the most part. In as much as the speed was never an issue for me. I did find if I was in crowded areas like a show or the Promenade during a party like the 70's when lots of people were present my connection would crap out. But 90% of the time it was fine for all my needs. And I did do a fair bit of streaming.

9 hours ago, dlwolf72 said:

My experience has been Internet wasn’t very good.

That was my experience on other cruise lines.   Have you had a bad experience on Oasis specifically?

Setting expectations can be hard because these days some people have fiber connections at home.  They are used to super fast and snappy internet.  Ship internet isn't that.  Voom is very good on Oasis within the realm of ship internet.  It's not fiber based internet like some people have at home, but it still blows away what's available on many cruise lines.  

If someone has never experienced ship internet and they have fiber internet at home, they might think it's not very good.  If they have experienced ship internet over the years then Oasis Voom will seem great.