Carnival Newbie HELP PLEASE

eyoreblu

Hi there.  I have a group of 21 people ages 4-80 going on the Carnival Panorama to celebrate an 80th birthday.

Everyone loves to play games and cards and I was wondering if anyone can recommend some hidden gems/places

where we can make this happen. Would really appreciate any tips or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

The ship hasn’t sailed yet, so it’s really going to be hard for people to comment on specific areas of the ship. I mean, technically the layout should be very similar to the Vista and Horizon, but you just never know what Carnival might change on a new ship until someone has actually been onboard. Which won’t be until December. 

• Like 1

Every ship I have been on, has had a library.  There are tables and chairs, and most of the time the library is hardly used. There are books to read, and also some games stocked, you can play.  If you have favorites, take your own.  I haven't been on any of Carnivals newest, largest ships yet, but you can check out the deck plans of some of them. If they  have a  library  I would Imagine the Panorama would also have one. 

• Like 1

Panorama does have the library bar like its Vista class siblings.  If it's like Vista, the room should be close to empty most of the time except when I  saw some of the art sales activities going on some days. It will be a perfect venue for your games -- I often saw people playing cards or games there. The bar wasn't staffed anytime I walked by, but there were wine dispensers there where you could get wine by scanning your S&S card.

image.png.54492af68f249f9f5010619d031d46b3.png

11 hours ago, GranysT said:

Every ship I have been on, has had a library.  There are tables and chairs, and most of the time the library is hardly used. There are books to read, and also some games stocked, you can play.  If you have favorites, take your own.  I haven't been on any of Carnivals newest, largest ships yet, but you can check out the deck plans of some of them. If they  have a  library  I would Imagine the Panorama would also have one. 

The Panorama is going to have a Library Bar, not just a library.  So it does get more use that the libraries on older ships.  My husband and I love to play games while on cruises like the OP, and we were disappointed with the change from a library to a library bar when we were on the Horizon.  It's, unfortunately, a different atmosphere than just a nice, quiet place to use for games.

Edited by bakersdozen12

3 hours ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

We travel along so we have not had a need to do so, but I've seen families gathered at the larger tables in the buffet area during off-dining (non high traffic times) playing games.    

That's a slippery slope of a suggestion. 

• Like 1

Sometimes, you can find a great table/location in the buffet area when it is not peak time!  We are card players, and ppl liked to be able to get up and get coffee, or ice cream, or a snack - we were MUCH TOO LOUD for the library!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

technically it was more of an observation than a suggestion . . . 

I said that as a head's up to the OP. There is a long history of threads on Cruise Critic discussing people who play games in the lido dining room who are not eating while people with plates of food are milling around in search of a table and a place to sit. You did mention non - high traffic times but we know how that can fall on deaf ears and has. 

Edited by sanmarcosman