Costa Maya with the Grand Princess Jan 21

ehogan

Heavy rains the morning of our stop in Costa Maya. We hadn't planned for a shore excursion here and wish that we had. There is only a tourist planned area which is basically all shops, so if you are not into shopping there is not much here. I understand the village (a short cab ride away) is very small.

We did go to a small crocodile habitat ($15 per person) that was interesting - entrance in the mall area.

I would recommend that you take a ship shore excursion here.

We also went to Costa Maya with the Grand Jan 21. We went to the village of Mahajaul, rained on us for about an hour and a half. We found a place out of the rain down at Pez Quandros. We sat and read our books while it rained and then around noon, it stopped raining and the town started waking up. We ate lunch at Pez Quandros and tried SOL beer, very light flavor. Met a very nice couple from Belize and just enjoyed being on the beach. My dh snorkeled from the beach and saw lots of different kinds of fish, he said some would actually come towards him checking him out and swim alongside him. It was really cool since I don't snorkle or scuba to be able to see fish right along the edge along with crabs and conche shells brought in from the storm. The most colorful fish I saw were right at the pier on our way back to the ship. All in all we had a great time in Mahajaul, I call Costa Maya port Disneyland because it was made just for the cruise tourist.

Archived