Recommendations- excursions with 8 year old son

thebooth

I am looking for recommendations for the best shore excursions for my husband, myself and our 8 year old son. We will be cruising ovation of the seas next summer out of Seattle and it will be our first Alaska Cruise. We are already set that we will do the Mendenhall glacier helicopter and dog sledding, but not sure what else to do as so much looks good. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

On 10/8/2019 at 6:10 PM, thebooth said:

I am looking for recommendations for the best shore excursions for my husband, myself and our 8 year old son. We will be cruising ovation of the seas next summer out of Seattle and it will be our first Alaska Cruise. We are already set that we will do the Mendenhall glacier helicopter and dog sledding, but not sure what else to do as so much looks good. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Whale watching, or youngsters she was 8 loved the wind blowing in the air, and of course the whales were fun.  Make sure they have their own set of binoculars to look for whales ;D

Believe or not the hike at Mendenhall is very doable and the Falls as a goal a fun one for the little ones.

No question if you spring for the helicopter / dog, holding the puppies and the ride will be priceless. 

Things that didn't go well, long sightseing stuff; she opted out of fishing ( personally think she would have loved hooking them ), we didn't do the train ride.   

Might consider depending on time to move your heli to Skagway and do the Hike at Mendenhall and whale watch there?

BA19E12B-6E01-4E26-A2AB-F45A1994073C.jpeg

8CF7C68C-FB0B-495A-BCC1-8AEA3A39D39D.jpeg

71688E35-9BD4-478F-AEED-8781CB18E893.jpeg

Edited by chipmaster