Total Newbie to Norwegian..

jjdmom8

We are seasoned cruisers, all being on Carnival (platinum). We recently booked the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska next spring. I am reading up on cruise critic in an effort to get prepared, since I know there are many differences. If any of you have experience with NCL and have time to offer advice/suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!  We booked the take all offers and free/reduced air. We have never had to make reservations for shows, so I am clueless there.  We always enjoy breakfast in the dining room, but wonder if that is offered on NCL? How is the drink package that's included in the take all offers rate? Does that include everything? anywhere on the ship?  How early do I need to start planning for shows and make reservations? Is there a "formal" night for dinner? what is the acceptable dress code for dinner in the dining rooms? Specialty restaurants? Anything else I might need to know?   Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, jjdmom8 said:

We are seasoned cruisers, all being on Carnival (platinum). We recently booked the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska next spring. I am reading up on cruise critic in an effort to get prepared, since I know there are many differences. If any of you have experience with NCL and have time to offer advice/suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!  We booked the take all offers and free/reduced air. We have never had to make reservations for shows, so I am clueless there.  We always enjoy breakfast in the dining room, but wonder if that is offered on NCL? How is the drink package that's included in the take all offers rate? Does that include everything? anywhere on the ship?  How early do I need to start planning for shows and make reservations? Is there a "formal" night for dinner? what is the acceptable dress code for dinner in the dining rooms? Specialty restaurants? Anything else I might need to know?   Thanks in advance!

Ok Here are a few answers...   

1.  Sit-Down Breakfast is available many places on board, including the main dining rooms.  Also a sit down experience can be had at O'Sheehan's.   

2.  You can make reservations for the main theater shows if you wish, but it's not always required.  But if you would like to be sure to plan out your night, go ahead.

3.  The drink package is a good deal if you would typically have more than 99 dollar of drinks per day per person...  based upon its price if you paid for it.  You are entitled to order for free any drink up to $15 list price.  If you want a drink that is more than $15, you pay the difference.  

4. The earliest you can make reservations is about 100 days out I believe.

5. There is a "Dress Up or Not Night" - its not mandatory at all.

6. Acceptable dress code would be a polo or colalred shirt with khakis or dress slacks in dining rooms, and they have even been allowing jeans and shorts in some as well...  very casual.  Specialty Restaurants are typically less casual than the main complimentary dining facilities.

Edited by cliffd64