Iguazu or Buenos Aires first?

BayAreaCruisers

We're booked on the Celebrity Infinity out of Buenos Aires in Dec, and definitely want to arrive early to see the Falls. We were thinking 2 nights in Iguazu, and 1 night in Buenos Aires. But, which should we do first?

We would arrive Thursday morning - most flights from the States seem to arrive between 7:30 and 9:30 in the morning. The cruise departs B.A. late Sunday night.

First option is Thurs/Fri nights in Iguazu, Saturday in B.A. Pros - we're in B.A. early, so no worries about missing the cruise. Cons - transfer times between airports in B.A.

Second option is Thurs in B.A., Fri/Sat nights in Igauzu. Pros - no transfer issues, cons - day of departure arrivals make me a little nervous.

Any suggestions?

I don't have an answer for you, but this info might help.

The domestic airport you use to Iguazu is 20 minutes from thje port. Maybe a little less.

THe international airport is about 50 -60 minutes outside BA.

One night does not leave you much time to see BA.

A few weeks ago, our flight from Iguazu to BA was 5 hours late; all domestic flights that day were behind schedule for some reason -- not a rare occurance, we were told. We didn't get to the hotel until after midnight. I agree that one day in BA is not enough. It is a beautiful, vibrant city. We toured BA one day, went to a tango show that night, then took a tour up to the delta the next day.

Regards,

captgeo

I agree that there is never enough time to see everything there is to see.

But given the amount of time we can afford, one full day in B.A. may have to suffice, that is if we want to make it to the falls.

So, if I really want to go to Iguazu on the same day I arrive from the States, what is the minimum time I should allow between arrival at the international airport (which would be either 7:30am or 9:30am), and departure from the domestic airport? Or am I crazy to try to do this?

We're booked on the Celebrity Infinity out of Buenos Aires in Dec, and definitely want to arrive early to see the Falls. We were thinking 2 nights in Iguazu, and 1 night in Buenos Aires. But, which should we do first?

Any suggestions?

We spent 2 nights in BA and the 1 in Iguazu and went straight to the ship from the airport.

more at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5751467#post5751467

Archived