Changing room level after final payment

ihrtcruise

Hi all - Question..

We are well past our final payment, and I'm wondering if they would let me downgrade our room level. We are Balcony BB and just want to downgrade within the balcony level since the lower level balconies are lower priced. 

Would they maybe put the difference as on board credit? Or refund it? Or will they not do it at all?

Thanks!

NCL doesn't allow Downgrades after Final Payment.  The might allow side-steps, but, to what advantage?  If you're not happy with your location, you may be able to upgrade for a minimal charge but they owe you nothing and therefore, will do nothing unless it involves more money. 

Sorry for the bad news but "been there, done that" and paid a bit more for a bit better cabin location.  IMO, you need to be very careful about asking for an upgrade... make sure you know what you want.  Don't be afraid to ask questions here to ensure you're on the right track. 

Good luck

We booked a guarantee and got a BB, so that tells me there really is no extra value there, over the lower decks. So no you won't be able to score a lower rate by 'downgrading'.

To get the best deal you wait until after final payment to book. Downside is you take your chances with what cabin locations but upside is you can save a ton of money as the cruise line does everything possible to fill up the remaining cabins.