karaoke list on Independence of the Seas?

styxfire

Anyone know where to obtain the list of available karaoke songs on Independence of the Seas, in advance?  I've seen the catalogs on MSC and Carnival, and most were quite old songs, or ones I've never heard of at all.  Would like to see the choices on Independence ahead of time, if possible.

Edited by styxfire

7 hours ago, styxfire said:

Anyone know where to obtain the list of available karaoke songs on Independence of the Seas, in advance?  I've seen the catalogs on MSC and Carnival, and most were quite old songs, or ones I've never heard of at all.  Would like to see the choices on Independence ahead of time, if possible.

This list is not published by the cruise line.  

Try posting on an upcoming Roll Call, maybe someone who will be cruising can make a copy of the list onboard.

In my 2 experiences so far on Royal ships in the last year, their 'catalog' is lacking in a lot of ways, even when they have a ton of songs, there seem to be gaps in completely missing popular artists or popular artists missing their popular songs.  It's still a good time, but I would just advise anyone that sings at their local spot, that the experience on the ship is vastly different.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all.  One thing I was surprised about when I cruised an Italian cruise line in northern/central Europe is that 98% of the karaoke songs were English hits.  It was entertaining to hear all the American songs sung w/ heavy accents.  A good time by all!

My hubby and I always do karaoke...that's kind of how we met. BUT, the song list on any RCCL cruise we have been on is very sub-par which shocks me for a company like Royal. My husband and I actually have a much bigger and better catalog of karaoke songs than RCCL, and we don't host karaoke anywhere! LOL

I kind of wish they had the option for us to bring our own karaoke...but that's not possible either.