new to NCL, questions

minniem

Hi Cruisers,  We are sailing NCL for the first time with friends having mostly sailed with Princess.  As part of the booking promotion we received a 3 meal dinning package.  I am having trouble on the NCL website finding information on how this works.  Do we order off the regular menu?  I noticed the Italian is a la carte.  Can we order more than one course or does the promotion only cover entrée?  Our friends have made the reservations already so I am really looking for information on the menu and what the additional cost might be. We have already paid the gratuities with our booking. He has booked the Italian, steakhouse and Japanese restaurant and we are on the Breakaway.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, minniem said:

Hi Cruisers,  We are sailing NCL for the first time with friends having mostly sailed with Princess.  As part of the booking promotion we received a 3 meal dinning package.  I am having trouble on the NCL website finding information on how this works.  Do we order off the regular menu?  I noticed the Italian is a la carte.  Can we order more than one course or does the promotion only cover entrée?  Our friends have made the reservations already so I am really looking for information on the menu and what the additional cost might be. We have already paid the gratuities with our booking. He has booked the Italian, steakhouse and Japanese restaurant and we are on the Breakaway.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

One entree per person and no restrictions on appetizers and desserts.  Enjoy!

24 minutes ago, minniem said:

Good Morning,

I just returned on a cruise on the Joy, but imagine policy is the same. First off , make your dining and show reservations as soon as possible , times and dates fill up. We were unable to see one show and had to stand in the stand by line for others. First ship I've ever been on that require reservations for shows. Dining in specialty restaurants, on meal package you are allowed appetizers , one or two, not sure , one entree and dessert.

9 minutes ago, motherofteenagers said:

Good Morning,

I just returned on a cruise on the Joy, but imagine policy is the same. First off , make your dining and show reservations as soon as possible , times and dates fill up. We were unable to see one show and had to stand in the stand by line for others. First ship I've ever been on that require reservations for shows. Dining in specialty restaurants, on meal package you are allowed appetizers , one or two, not sure , one entree and dessert.

The reserving shows goes with all the mega ships - at least on NCL and Royal. All the Oasis classes on Royal require reservations for shows. Has to do with greatly increasing the number of people on the ship, but they didn't really increase the theaters in size. 

Thank all of you for the information on dining.  I did not realize you need reservations for the shows as well.  I will have the other couple, who do all reservations, to look into that.

I did not realize how different the cruise lines are as far as policies go.  Your answers are very helpful.

8 minutes ago, minniem said:

Thank all of you for the information on dining.  I did not realize you need reservations for the shows as well.  I will have the other couple, who do all reservations, to look into that.

I did not realize how different the cruise lines are as far as policies go.  Your answers are very helpful.

You will have to make your own show reservations from your account (no assigned seating). They can make your dinner reservations if you are dining together.