Souvenirs in Western Carribean

Caramel1398

Hi all,

I was wondering what types of souvenirs are available in the different ports for the Western Carribean cruise? We'll be visiting Cozumel, Princess Cays, Jamaica, and I believe Ocho Rios. I'm sure there will be plenty of hats, shirts, and so on, but I'd really love to bring something back from each place that has a little bit of the culture with it! What are my chances?

Thanks!

Hi,

It will be iteresting to see what other say, but I'm hoping to find a Miro store in each port and buy a bag and a shirt with logos.

Probably at Cozumel, you'll find replicas of Mayan artifacts for sale. Miniature masks, pyramids and such.

Hurrache sandals ...

Something I started collecting - dunno why - are cowerie (spelling) shells which are either hand painted or carved with the name of places and something from the area.

The message boards on CC for each individual port have lots of ideas and places to shop. Check them out.

Cozumel: Silver, Mexican pottery and paper mache, sombreros and other straw items, onyx items (chessboards, statues,), etc, etc.

Jamaica: Most of the shopping is the usual duty free stuff like jewelry, watches. However, you will see different wood items in some roadside stands.

If you like to cook, as I do, look for local spices, hot sauces, extracts like vanilla and coconut. I bought saffron from St. Lucia for mere pennies. You can not bring some fresh fruits and veggies, but processed food is all right.

we bought beautiul wooden bowls and always local liquor.

Archived