Recent Carnival Magic Cruisers : What shape is she in?

Timmay77

We sail next week on the Magic.  Can't wait!

I have a temperature question.  I know it is subjective, but if people frame it with how they "normally" feel, it should be informative.

How is the temperature in the public spaces? Mainly, the MDR and theater.  I am usually a cold person and sometimes find the MDR and theater very cold on ships.

Thanks!

Renee

I've gone on ships where the reviewers blasted the ship as being on the verge of sinking and found nothing like it.  Some of the reviewers are drama queens needless to say.  Regardless, you will find some rust on all the ships...it's a never-ending battle against the environment they're in.  "Sewer" smells?  Probably but it is a fleeting scent.  It certainly isn't a widespread issue and it comes and goes.  A/C problems?  Just got off the Horizon Sunday and it was the only time we've had to crank up the heat a bit (in a Cove Balcony cabin).  I swear, we came back to the ship after an excursion on shore and I thought it was snowing in our cabin!  We were on the Magic last year and found it great.  The only downside were the crowds on the Lido so you might want to think about doing lunch on the later side after the initial hoards of people have gone through.  Same problem on the Dream so might be a class problem.  I didn't see crazy crowds on the Horizon.

56 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

We sail next week on the Magic.  Can't wait!

I have a temperature question.  I know it is subjective, but if people frame it with how they "normally" feel, it should be informative.

How is the temperature in the public spaces? Mainly, the MDR and theater.  I am usually a cold person and sometimes find the MDR and theater very cold on ships.

Thanks!

Renee

I used to run hot all the time but after having a pesky heart attack a few years ago and being put on blood thinners I'm cold all the time now.  I was on the Magic last year and found both the MDR and the theater comfortable.