Balcony-$299!!!!!

Bonnie J.

My birthday is Sunday (5th) and TODAY my husband found my birthday present! A 7 day cruise on Costa Magica, deck 8, balcony cabin, for $299, leaving on the 5th !!!!!!! (We have a GREAT cruise TA!!!) Need suggestions as to St. Maartin & Nassau. We have been to Orient & Dawn beach in St. Martin - neither good snorkling! We are serious snorklers and need new suggestions as to where to snorkle in both ports. We NEVER do ships tours. Been to St. Maartin 3 times, Nassau a whole lot. Were not shoppers and do not have to snorkle. Any suggestions? You can email m e directly with suggestions at , subject 'cruising'! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Who cares what you do ... You got a Balcony cabin on a 7 night cruise for $299 a person. :)

Seriously ... was there anything on the St. Maartin board about good snorkling places? Might be the best palce to check.

When we were in St. Maarten last June .. I just enjoyed the heck out of sitting at a little bar on the beach, drinking $1 beer, and watching the water.

WOW!

Congratualtions! Happy Birthday! Have a great time!

Bonnie, first, congratulations on the fantastic birthday present! Sure beats a vacuum cleaner!

I know it is a ship's excursion, but the America's Cup Regatta is a FABULOUS excursion! I believe I saw that it is the TOP excursion in the Carribbean. You can do as much work on the boat as you want. I got to be a winch wench! We raced the True North and beat them! I was luck enough to be able to sail the Stars and Stripes back into the harbor. What a once in a lifetime thrill!

Here are pictures from our excursion: http://community.webshots.com/album/528943965HpvFnj

I'm envious - we booked back in June and got a good deal but not anywhere close to $299 for a balcony! HAPPY BIRTHDAY. We're on the 2/5 cruise also. Last year we were on Deck 8 - one helpful hint and this was only a slight issue for us - take earplugs. Our balcony on 8 was below the all night pizzeria and on occasion we could hear either people running or the carts being rolled by. Again, this was a minor irritation but if you are a light sleeper, it may be a major one. Just take earplugs along and you'll be fine.

Our TA just called us with the same deal for 2-12 through 2-19. We have never cruised Costa before....only Celebrity. The TA said it was for a balcony...on the back of the ship...$700.00 including port charges and taxes. There must be incredible deals....we were very tempted to try Costa, but there is a conflict for the week that we were offered.

Anyone interested should call their TA....seems like there might be plenty of cabins available.

Archived