Can we bring food back to our cabin ?

envy4u

They will claim its not food costs that they are reducing. Its food waste. Hence they food donations they make at every port for un used food. You eat what you eat and you drink what you drink. They don't care you might drink 10 wines because someone else will only drink 1 wine. Packages balance out. Food consumption averages out.

You cant really take stuff from the buffet. Not because of saving money. ITs just frowned upon probably more health and safety. That's what room service is for. I have seen people take pizza and its tolerated. What if you drop the food on the walk back to cabin and make a mess. And the food cooling down while walking and becoming unsafe to eat. Also how do they know you have plates and cutlery in your room.

I can only speak for Princess where we have over 300 days at sea. I always bring a plate of nachos and dip to our room with no problem. We leave the plate and cutlery on the floor in our cabin and steward takes it away. 

Yeah just use common sense approach. You see people taking a pastry with them all the time. If its not too messy and it was a cold dish you should get away with it particularly the buffet. If you were to order an extra entre at dinner and try take that then you will have an issue. It also depends if you've already built up a relationship with the staff and waiter. The ones that will see you doing it. And to a lesser extent security who will likely see you during the walk back to cabin.

One example of what not to do is 2nights ago on Diadema a Spanish guest threw a plate at my friend who was assigned his table. His reason was slow service. Firstly unacceptable. And secondly waitress does not control that its the kitchen staff that were falling behind. Of course she reported the incident but as she said Costa have a policy of guest is always right so he will not be disembarked the next day.

But that guy aint going to be taking food to his cabin or expecting any special treatment.

Omg that’s terrible.treating staff that way. That passenger should be kicked off the ship. The passenger is NOT always right. 

We would never take anything from the main dining room. That’s just weird.  Now a pastry from the buffet is a different story.

I thought I seen it all till I saw people packing their lunches to bring offshore in ziplock bags. Lol

Edited by envy4u

The "packed lunches " is a common thing on Costa. You will also see people loading plates with food that will make you think how could you possibly eat that! and then see them leaving large amounts that will clearly be binned.

We tend not to snack between meals so having food in the cabin does not bother us. They also sell packets of crisps at the bars. I am not sure how much. They are the size between the small and large packs.

I have never gone hungry on a Costa cruise and unfortunately always gain weight despite exercising loads more than whenI am at home.

Riana 

21 minutes ago, alicat58 said:

I have never gone hungry on a Costa cruise and unfortunately always gain weight despite exercising loads more than whenI am at home.

Riana 

So we want photots before and after your cruise. 😉🍻