Best Excursion in St Kitts?

allisonb22

I think it was there that we did the mini speed boat excursion.

We had a great time.  You ride out and then raft up to snorkle for a while.

One couple was having a hard time making any speed with two up, so the guide sent the rest of us at our own pace back, while he let one of the couple drive his boat and the other stayed on the mini speed boat.

We just got off Allure and were at St. Kitt's last week.   We did an excursion at Dolphin Discovery.   There are different choices and prices.   We loved our experience that day!   It was a bit of a challenge to get the pictures we paid for that day, but we DO have them! We did the one that had the dolphin push, dorsal fin swim, kiss etc....   Once in a lifetime and LOVED every minute!!

Sounds like we may be on the same cruise.  My son and his friend wanted to do the same excursion but waited too late to book and it sold out.  So I suggested they book the ATV excursion through Shore Trips which we have used a few times on previous cruises without issue.  They have similar excursions though a bit more expensive than the cruise line.  We have always found their tour operators to be reliable.  

On 10/17/2019 at 9:53 PM, MandJwannaBcruisin said:

We just got off Allure and were at St. Kitt's last week.   We did an excursion at Dolphin Discovery.   There are different choices and prices.   We loved our experience that day!   It was a bit of a challenge to get the pictures we paid for that day, but we DO have them! We did the one that had the dolphin push, dorsal fin swim, kiss etc....   Once in a lifetime and LOVED every minute!!

Care to elaborate on your experience with the pictures? We're considering this activity but have read very contradicting information about the availability and quality of the pictures. We're they included in your package or did you buy them separately from the price paid for the excursion? What's the quality like? Do you get the right to re-print?

22 hours ago, Stinger-pr said:

Care to elaborate on your experience with the pictures? We're considering this activity but have read very contradicting information about the availability and quality of the pictures. We're they included in your package or did you buy them separately from the price paid for the excursion? What's the quality like? Do you get the right to re-print?

Dolphin Discovery always has pictures available separately (I think it is possible to buy them ahead of time on the dolphin discovery website but I've never seen them included with an excursion through the cruise line). If you were going to do this type of excursion (it is fun) I'd buy it separately from the cruise line. When I did this in Mexico last year, Royal had it for something like $180, It was $100 on the website directly, and when I emailed them a question they offered it to me for $60 (as part of a "black friday" deal that was never posted or anything). They have a photographer go with each group, it's basically just someone who knows how to click the button with a DSLR, the pictures are fine but nothing to write home about. After the excursion is over they'll lead you in to the gift shop where they have computers and will try to sell you the pictures, you can pick individual ones for like $30-$40 each or buy a package for something stupid like $400, it's very high pressure, we said no and the guy followed us out of the gift shop and offered it to us for half price too.