Cannes v's Monte Carlo

emam

How does Cannes compare to Monte Carol for tendering. We went to MC  earlier this year (not on Azura) and I decided that if we went there again I would stay onboard. Have been on tenders in Villefranche and Ajaccio and they were both fine.

I know there have been difficulties with tendering in Monte Carlo recently but we have been there many times without a problem. We have always been in the summer months. Not been to Cannes. 

In our experience the seas around Cannes can change very quickly and can become rough very quickly.  I remember on one occasion we chose not to get off because of the rough sea there and on another the sea was calm when we went ashore, - however later that day.  My husband turned to me and said -" we need to get back now!!!!"  I looked at him and he said "the weather is changing" Indeed the sky's were darkening and it was getting cooler.  It took us half an hour to walk back by which time the sea was very rough.  We managed to get back to the ship but it was a very bumpy ride!!!!!   It wouldn't stop me going ashore again via a tender but I think it demonstrates how quickly things can change!

Looking at two cruises, one goes to Monte Carlo, the other Cannes. Sounds like they both have the same trouble. On one cruise we went to MC but Captain said the sea was too rough, so we just kept sailing. We tendered in earlier this year. It's not our favourite port.

According to the brochure, they are supposed to berth here (but might have to tender). Cannes is marked as a tender port.