iWatch with cellular

goodg8r

4 minutes ago, Vlgg731 said:

I'm not sure about setting it.  I also like to snorkel on cruises and my other watch is waterproof so I take it for that reason too.

I have a series 4 which is waterproof. From the series 3 onward the Apple Watches are waterproof. I swim and snorkel with my Apple Watch. I was snorkeling with it at Tobacco Bay in  Bermuda and Turtle Bay in Bermuda last August. I swam laps with my Apple Watch all summer in the pool. 

28 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have a series 4 which is waterproof. From the series 3 onward the Apple Watches are waterproof. I swim and snorkel with my Apple Watch. I was snorkeling with it at Tobacco Bay in  Bermuda and Turtle Bay in Bermuda last August. I swam laps with my Apple Watch all summer in the pool. 

Thanks for the info.  I just checked mine and it is a 3 so it should be waterproof.  I may take it this time then.  I do wear mine most of the time too.  I have one internet connection so it makes sense to take it with me.  Happy Cruising!

When you first get an Apple Watch it can be a bit confusing. Takes a week or two to learn. Reading about it is not going to "take" until you have one.  That is because it is not an independent device like a phone. An iPhone is required. They can't yet make a complete phone in the wrist size form factor that has a much smaller battery. So it is not like a phone, a tablet or a computer.  Every itineration it does become more independent and likely in one, two or three years in the future it will be independent and even Android user will be able to use an Apple Watch. It is obvious that is the future road map but not yet...