Bottles of wine

SauvBlanc

On 10/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, SauvBlanc said:

While I'm aware that we can bring bottles of wine on board, I was wondering if we could request a bottle of the "house" wine to drink in our room.  Has anyone done this?  

Hi SauvBlanc,

Whilst we have not personally done as to what you were inquiring about, I will share some of our experiences whilst aboard ACL cruises.  

At dinner, if my wife and I were ordering the same wine, we have usually been asked if we wanted the bottle for the meal.  We usually have finished it there, especially when involved with some great dinner conversations with other guests.  When we haven't finished the bottle (rarely) we have been asked if we wanted to take the remaining wine with us.

I have also observed folks leaving the Dining Salon carrying wine  bottles (I cannot vouch for how full/empty they were).  Our personal after dinner routine has been to adjourn to the venue for the evening's entertainment, where there is a full open bar until the completion of the evening's activities, and usually a tad longer.

Without having done so, personally, I do think your request would probably be honored.  This is based upon our experience of six ACL cruises over the last two plus years.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

NRayH