Internet on the Golden Princess in Alaska

Mom_of_Al

We will be on the Golden Princess in Alaska in June and it will not have been upgraded to MedallionNet before then. Has anyone had experience with the onboard internet on the Golden? I had heard it was not the best quality, and I am hesitant to purchase a package.

We're on the 6/13 Golden sailing, five people in two Minisuites, and I *did* have a promotional of 240 minutes apiece for the three-person room (12 hours!)... But I just refared for a better rate with specialty dining. 

My presumption is that north of about Seattle, the coverage will not be worth having. I figure we can share one or even two $99 packages for necessary messages between LA and Seattle, and go cold turkey on the rest.

I was on the Golden in Alaska  August this year.

The internet is extremely slow and frustrating.  I ended up doing what I needed internet for while in town on port days.

Now I had very minimal need to send or receive anything over the internet so this worked for me. I was also gifted the 120 min I had but if I had to pay for them I don't think I would have been happy.