Silver Moon experience

shdo

I booked on the Silver Moon after reading on the message boards about others experiences aboard this incredible sailing adventure. We had

Ben and Tony and they were superb. It truly was one of the great highlights of any cruise we have gone on. We were picked up at the cruise terminal right on time from the Golden Princess. We were taken to the wharf and after removing our shoes we were on board this beautiful 45 foot catamaran. As soon as we were on board they served us refreshments-some were shy-but what the heck-we started with pina coladas. Awesome. The wind was really blowing the day we went on and we were sailing at about 11 knots-pretty fast. We sailed to where the turtles were and stayed with them for quite a while-I didn't snorkel there as I was busy snapping pictures of all the turtles. We then moved on to in front of Shady Lane resort where we had an incredible lunch served by Ben and Tony. After a bit of a respite we moved to the ship wreck and the reef. This time I went in and it was so awesome. Ben made sure that Tony was watching me as I can swim but not a real strong swimmer-but I kept up!! We only had 8 people on board that day but we all enjoyed each others company and throughout the cruise we continued to run into these very nice people. We had some around our age and a few older. It was a great day and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone. www.oceanadventures.com is the website. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants some real pampering and not crowds.

Just returned from 14 day cruise on Ryndam and our Silver Moon experience was exceptional. I agree with everything mentioned on the first post--it sounds exactly like our wonderful day on this beautiful catamaran. It was relaxing and so nice to be in such a small group. Food was great and for a first time snorkeler, very comfortable. I was a bit startled when a turtle came up right under my foot so that I felt like I was standing on it--but I didn't panic! Tony took photos with my underwater camera--nice to have to show my grandchildren!!

The color of the water in Barbados is just gorgeous and you will want to stay. Enjoy.

We are considering the Silver Moon after reading the rave reviews. But, do you recommend it for those who tend to get seasick? How "rough" is it? Do you spend the whole time on the boat, or do you get to spend some time on the beach? I really think it sounds great, but I don't want to be sick the whole time. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Balamb--The catamaran is very comfortable and when we were there a couple of weeks ago, it was a bit choppy but it didn't bother me at all. It was a gentle rocking motion on the boat and with the fresh breeze and relaxed atmosphere, I didn't even think about motion sickness. I can be prone to that, but not on Silver Moon.

By the way, I see you live in Bay Village--I used to live in Shaker Heights and then Chagrin Falls! Don't miss the snow!;)

We were on Silvermoon just over a week ago and, as described above, had a great expereince. We had six people in our group select this excursion and there were about 12 people total onboard. The six of us are sailing together again next year and will be resturning Barbados. The group voted to do Silvermoon once again because everyone enjoyed it so much.

Getting on/off the boat is not a problem. One of the people onboard was a handicapper and had difficulty walking, using a walker to get around. He went snorkeling and got on/off the boat, so I guess most people could do it without a problem. The ladder is wide, easy to access, and easy to walk up.

We were just on this trip last week, and I wholeheartedly agree with everything good that's been said about Silver Moon. It is without a doubt the best excursion in the Caribbean. Kudos to Captain Ben and Tony; they do an outstanding job of making you feel at home. The ship is beautiful and spacious, the food and drinks are great, and the water is incredible. We swam with the turtles and fish, and snorkled at the reef. I can't recommend this sail enough. It's worth every penny!

We went on the Silvermoon 2/15 and it was absolutely the highlight of our trip. The price is $100 pp, sounds high but it includes unlimited drinks and a great lunch. They limit the # of passengers so that there's room for everyone. You'll really appreciate this when you see the other boats go by packed with tons of people clammering to see the turtles and fish. I can't recommend them enough!

We are booked for the Silvermoon II for March 16th. The cost is $82.50 per person.

Thanks all for the review. I don't think I have read anything bad about this tour.

There are fabulous pictures posted here somewhere. I believe they were from a woman from Texas. In case you want to do a search. She used the Kodak underwater disposable and the pictures are wonderful.

:) Just got back form our 2/19 cruise. Silvermoon 2 was the best! Saw Avid on board. Wonderful weather. Perfect day. Sea turtles all around. Many varieties of fish while snorkeling. Good food. Relaxing. What more can I say? Will post more later and answer any questions.

we were on the silvermoon this past december. onboard were 6 kids and 6 adults. the kids ranged in age from 10-16. there is nothing on this boat that a younger child couldn't do. even if they're not great swimmers because at the beginning tony asks about everyone's level of skill. the first stop is swimming with the sea turtles....everyone has a life vest on and it is supervised. if you don't want to go in the water..

the sea turtles come right up to the surface so you can still see them. the food that is served for lunch is delicious and my 2 boys are pretty picky and they enjoyed everything.

the only bad thing i can say about this excursion is that IT HAS SPOILED ME FOR EVERY OTHER SAILING EXCURSION!!!. we are going to bermuda in june and another caribbean cruise in december. i have not foubd another ship like the SILVERMOON. i guess we'll just have to go back to barbados.

We just got back from our Sun Princess cruise on Sunday. When we were in Barbados on 2/21 we did the Silvermoon, there were 5 in our group, 6 other adults and 3 children. Everyone had a great time. Ben and Tony make the excursion. They want to make sure you have every thing you need but they are not overly solicitous. The food was outstanding and I found out too late how good the pina coloda's were!! We had a great time and would do that again when we go back to Barbados.

Hi Kiki, Michele again. Sounds like we like to do the same things. Book them now before they get booked up! :) The kids will love it! The sea turtles were close to the boat, so you don't have to swim far to see them. My younger son stayed closed to the boat (not the best swimmer). Everyone wears life jackets. The 2nd stop is more vigorous snorkeling, which I let my older son do (good swimmer). Just stay by the guides in the water. Then when we ate, they jumped off the boat in a more shallow area and just swam. Even if you don't swim, the boat ride is great fun. It is excellent for kids!

Hey Michele, that is pretty funny about the same types of excursions! Which catamaran were you on, I or II? Also, is there a discount for kids? I haven't received a reply to my email yet. How do you get to where they are at once you get off the ship? I like to have everything organized and ready to go!

Thanks for your help!

Archived