Glacier Dog Sledding in Seward?

MellyBell

Has anyone done the glacier dogsledding in Seward?  We are taking the land and cruise tour with Celebrity Millennium and the land portion end in Seward.  Resurrection Bay Wildlife Cruise is already included but it looks like we have an option to do a glacier dogsledding.  I’m not sure if we would have time for both.  We have dogsledding booked in Juneau but I know it’s one of the most cancelled excursions.  I figured if we book both we would give ourselves a better chance of doing the dogsled.   

We did the glacier dogsledding in Seward in June 2018.  We booked it so that if it was cancelled, we could try in Juneau (multiple vendors) or Skagway.  We also booked early in the day, so we could move it later if the weather didn't cooperate.  We were very lucky and the morning flights were able to go, but the afternoon ones were cancelled due to the cloud ceiling.

It was rainy, but still wonderful!  We booked directly with Turning Heads Kennels https://turningheadskennel.com/helicopter-glacier-dog-sledding-in-alaska/ and they were very helpful and accomodating.  It was raining lightly, but that didn't affect our time there.  It's a smaller kennel and there were only a few of us on the glacier. I highly recommend! BTW the flights in Juneau were cancelled, so we were extremely lucky!!

IMG_2161.JPG